Mowing

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim
Posts: 4129
Joined: October 7 06, 7:23 am
Location: springfield illinois

Re: Mowing

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

UK wrote:
Jocephus wrote:i strangely enough kinda enjoy it...i can think
If I have beer and headphones, I'm alright.

maybe beer, headphones, and a riding mower!!

User avatar
Radio_Bugtussle
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3450
Joined: July 26 06, 9:51 am
Location: Searching for the perfect microbrew

Re: Mowing

Post by Radio_Bugtussle »

Judging by the forecast for Bugtussle over the next few days, mowing here will be cardio in an outdoor steam bath by Tuesday.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
Posts: 28010
Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List

Re: Mowing

Post by Fat Strat »

I don't mind in the spring, but when it's 95 degrees and 100% humidity I really start to hate it.

User avatar
UK
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4263
Joined: December 10 06, 6:41 pm
Location: Baseball Purgatory.

Re: Mowing

Post by UK »

M1IRONMIKE wrote:
UK wrote:
Jocephus wrote:i strangely enough kinda enjoy it...i can think
If I have beer and headphones, I'm alright.

maybe beer, headphones, and a riding mower!!
I have just over 2 acres, I have a rider.

User avatar
jimedmondsfan
Veteran Player
Posts: 782
Joined: August 24 06, 11:38 am
Location: Out of my mind
Contact:

Re: Mowing

Post by jimedmondsfan »

1 1/2 acres + riding mower = Zen :)

User avatar
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
Posts: 31038
Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am

Re: Mowing

Post by Popeye_Card »

My back yard is like 25'x25'. I'm thinking about getting an old school manual lawnmower, with the rotating blade/wheel/axle thing.

I love mowing mostly because of the way the yard looks after it's over.

--P--

User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62330
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Re: Mowing

Post by Radbird »

Fat Strat wrote:I don't mind in the spring, but when it's 95 degrees and 100% humidity I really start to hate it.
Living in the land of low humidity (it's 17% right now), a midwest summer would likely kill me these days. 95 degrees with 8% humidity is an entirely different world.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Mowing

Post by Jocephus »

Radbird wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:I don't mind in the spring, but when it's 95 degrees and 100% humidity I really start to hate it.
Living in the land of low humidity (it's 17% right now), a midwest summer would likely kill me these days. 95 degrees with 8% humidity is an entirely different world.
the past two days ive been doing some landscaping for my advisor...but we've been starting at 7:30 in the morning, and my shirt is soaked by 8:30...

the two extremes here...winter, summer can be pretty brutal...but fall and spring can be pretty nice...sometimes

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
Posts: 28010
Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List

Re: Mowing

Post by Fat Strat »

Living in the land of low humidity (it's 17% right now), a midwest summer would likely kill me these days. 95 degrees with 8% humidity is an entirely different world.
I'm so jealous of you right now. Back when I was in college, this was the time of year when I would head west to your territory. I would love to be in Boulder right now.

Swatcat27
All-Star
Posts: 1830
Joined: July 25 06, 12:58 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Mowing

Post by Swatcat27 »

I mostly mow the lawn these days to justify whenever my wife brings up an argument that I need more exercise & less TV. I hate it (especially days like yesterday when it was freaking humid like smalltown Coimbatore,India) but I love it when I'm done. Infact, I was so happy with the look last night that I treated the lawn to a 10 min water sprinkling for a good job...
No, I dont have pets.

Post Reply