Negatory.cabby7588 wrote:Aren't you a Bears fan?Transmogrified Tiger wrote: I for one was shocked, SHOCKED, to see them number 1.
Cabby's Preseason NFL Power Rankings
- Transmogrified Tiger
- Puppy Murderer
- Posts: 9323
- Joined: April 25 06, 6:07 pm
- Location: Across the River
- cabby7588
- All-Star
- Posts: 2970
- Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
- Contact:
- haltz
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 22630
- Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
- Location: a proud midwestern metropolis
I think the key word here might be 'accomplished'.cabby7588 wrote:Seriously? The Ravens O-line is pretty damn solid lead by the best OT in the NFL, and McGahee is coming from an absolutley horrible line, and is about 5 years younger. Jamal Lewis isn't any good anymore, trust me, he was on my fantasy team two straight years. Jamal is brutal, and McGahee should be awesome behind this O-Line.thrill wrote:How is McGahee a more accomplished runner than Jamal Lewis?
- Secret Weapon
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 8386
- Joined: May 12 06, 7:09 pm
- Location: CoMo
The Rams biggest problem last year was the run defense, they ranked 31st in the league.cabby7588 wrote:Let me take a guess at everyones favorite teams on here.
Rams fan. I think the Rams offense is going to be very good this year if the O-line holds up, but the D just aint cuttin it. As good as the Rams offense is, they can't make up for that ridiculous defense. I hope the Rams prove me wrong, I'm not a Rams fan but I like to see them succeed.DynamicDynamite wrote:ok Cabby, I got ya on the whole ranking for the most part... but the Rams at 22
Who was 32nd? Oh yeah, the Colts.
- ZigZagCardsFan
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 5526
- Joined: July 29 06, 6:26 pm
I too think you're underestimating the Rams defense. I love how the mainstream media types discard the Rams acquisitions on defense.
James Hall is the best DE the Rams have had since Wistrom was going strong. He'll help against the run and the pass rush. Adam Carriker will probably make an impact right away and is a beast against the run. Claude Wroten will also push for starting time at DT. He's one of the biggest draft steals the Rams have gotten in a long time. LB is still a bit suspect but the addition of Chris Draft is a definite plus, even if he's the 4th LB. The secondary has question marks but Tye Hill and Ron Bartell played great in the second half of last season. Todd Johnson provides good depth.
The offense will be amazing this year. The patchwork line played great last season and the Rams have done a great job transitioning from an aging line to an infusion of youth. Pace and Barron are one of the best tackle duos in the league. With Drew Bennett and Randy McMichael involved in the passing game, this offense is going to be fun to watch.
I haven't really bought into the defensive 'improvements' they've claimed to have made over the past few seasons but this year I'm buying it. If the Rams don't make the playoffs, I will be very surprised.
James Hall is the best DE the Rams have had since Wistrom was going strong. He'll help against the run and the pass rush. Adam Carriker will probably make an impact right away and is a beast against the run. Claude Wroten will also push for starting time at DT. He's one of the biggest draft steals the Rams have gotten in a long time. LB is still a bit suspect but the addition of Chris Draft is a definite plus, even if he's the 4th LB. The secondary has question marks but Tye Hill and Ron Bartell played great in the second half of last season. Todd Johnson provides good depth.
The offense will be amazing this year. The patchwork line played great last season and the Rams have done a great job transitioning from an aging line to an infusion of youth. Pace and Barron are one of the best tackle duos in the league. With Drew Bennett and Randy McMichael involved in the passing game, this offense is going to be fun to watch.
I haven't really bought into the defensive 'improvements' they've claimed to have made over the past few seasons but this year I'm buying it. If the Rams don't make the playoffs, I will be very surprised.
- cabby7588
- All-Star
- Posts: 2970
- Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
- Contact:
Are we comparing the Colts and the Rams, honestly?whyhellothere wrote:The Rams biggest problem last year was the run defense, they ranked 31st in the league.cabby7588 wrote:Let me take a guess at everyones favorite teams on here.
Rams fan. I think the Rams offense is going to be very good this year if the O-line holds up, but the D just aint cuttin it. As good as the Rams offense is, they can't make up for that ridiculous defense. I hope the Rams prove me wrong, I'm not a Rams fan but I like to see them succeed.DynamicDynamite wrote:ok Cabby, I got ya on the whole ranking for the most part... but the Rams at 22
Who was 32nd? Oh yeah, the Colts.
The Colts got to the playoffs with a ridiculously good QB and offense. Their O-Lines and QBs are incomparable, and the Colts pass D was the 2nd best (mostly because teams ran a lot) in the NFL.
They got to the playoff off good offense, and they won in the playoffs with the addition of Bob Sanders, and waiting to change the scheme that they knew would fix their rush defense until it really counted in the playoffs. The Rams let up 14 more points than they scored last season, and the Colts scored 67 more points than they allowed. As bad as the Colts D was, the Rams let up more points, on a weaker schedule. The Colts also scored more points. How are we even drawing comparisons between the teams?
My point is...Going back to my original post, the Colts offense can make up for a bad rush defense. The Rams offense can't, so comparing them is ridiculous.
- cabby7588
- All-Star
- Posts: 2970
- Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
- Contact:
Curious...I don't follow the Rams TOO much...I know Pace is amazing (obviously) and Barron was a huge draft pick. How did Barron do last year? I heard he was kind of a disappointment out of the gate..Do you think he is a legit right tackle now? My cousin is a huge Rams fan and he was kind of down on Barron his first year or two, but I didn't hear how he did last year.ZigZagCardsFan wrote:I too think you're underestimating the Rams defense. I love how the mainstream media types discard the Rams acquisitions on defense.
James Hall is the best DE the Rams have had since Wistrom was going strong. He'll help against the run and the pass rush. Adam Carriker will probably make an impact right away and is a beast against the run. Claude Wroten will also push for starting time at DT. He's one of the biggest draft steals the Rams have gotten in a long time. LB is still a bit suspect but the addition of Chris Draft is a definite plus, even if he's the 4th LB. The secondary has question marks but Tye Hill and Ron Bartell played great in the second half of last season. Todd Johnson provides good depth.
The offense will be amazing this year. The patchwork line played great last season and the Rams have done a great job transitioning from an aging line to an infusion of youth. Pace and Barron are one of the best tackle duos in the league. With Drew Bennett and Randy McMichael involved in the passing game, this offense is going to be fun to watch.
I haven't really bought into the defensive 'improvements' they've claimed to have made over the past few seasons but this year I'm buying it. If the Rams don't make the playoffs, I will be very surprised.
- Radio_Bugtussle
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 3450
- Joined: July 26 06, 9:51 am
- Location: Searching for the perfect microbrew
They should have had Ty Law remind Manning that he forgot his play book in that commercial...cabby7588 wrote:Chiefs fan. 4.7 yards per carry from our running backs, Peyton 30/38 isn't exactly shutting down the Colts offense...But 3 interceptions is very impressive. I wouldn't say the Chiefs shut our offense down, but I'll admit...Ty Law owns Peyton Manning, and that is a very hard title to gain.Radio_Bugtussle wrote:Chiefs. Remember, their defense in effect stopped your Colts only to have the OL forget that they are supposed to block every now and then. KC has loaded up on DT's. They added two solid LB's to an already decent LB corps. Edwards and company believe they have workable solutions to their OL problems. I'm not worried about the QB spot.
I see the Chiefs every week. The OL simply did not show up in Indy. I could be convinced that Jason Whitlock and four other members of the media chosen at random from the buffet line suited up instead.
- Transmogrified Tiger
- Puppy Murderer
- Posts: 9323
- Joined: April 25 06, 6:07 pm
- Location: Across the River
- Popeye_Card
- GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
- Posts: 31042
- Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am
I consider myself a fully free agent fan. I certainly claim no allegiences to the Patriots, and was glad that the Colts were finally able to beat them.cabby7588 wrote:Popeye_Card wrote:I think you have to rank the Patriots as the best team right now. On paper at least.
Seriously though, this team is stacked. They are every bit as good as the Colts...It's a tossup between 1 and 2. (I hope your not a Pats fan, I actually like you)...I'm sure you're just making a good point
But come on--the Patriots are better than the Colts on paper right now. They were right near their level last year, and have since added the best defensive free agent on the market, and they actually have a big-time receiver to throw to now. Say what you want about Randy Moss' Raiders career, but he's better than anything the Pats have been trotting out there in the past few years.
--P--





