Ctrl-v

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Post by JL21 »

heyzeus wrote:(a coworker and I were discussing Donnie Moore, and who he gave the famous HR up to and in what series. So I looked it up for him)
This makes me sad.... because I bet I know exactly why you were discussing Donnie Moore.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Post by Jocephus »


Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
Posts: 28010
Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List

Post by Fat Strat »

(nothing.)

User avatar
Bo Hart
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 8770
Joined: April 14 06, 9:50 pm

Post by Bo Hart »

http://www.perverts-paradise.com/sick_f ... toast.html

OK, OK -- that wasn't real. My clipboard was also empty.

User avatar
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart
Posts: 8950
Joined: April 22 06, 6:53 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Post by TheoSqua »

smtp.usreel.com

User avatar
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159
Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit

Post by StL Dan »

1331 North River BLVD

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13355
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Post by JCShutout »

1) How does pacifism respond to terrorism?
a. Nonviolent intervention through non-governmental organizations that focus on predicting future troubled areas of the world and engaging in preventative diplomacy, along with utilizing economic and social councils as well as international centers for dispute resolution.
b. Using a peaceful means to produce a peaceful end. Pacifists believe that minds and hearts are not changed by hatred and violence, and that terrorism will eventually fail because of its use of both. By responding nonviolently and trying to work through cultural and economic inequities, pacifists hope to convert the terrorist through their nonviolent witness.
c. Peace through justice. Biblical insight: “Justice alone is the secure foundation for peace.” Terrorism is usually a result of unjust social and economic policies that need to be changed. Many argue that by changing the unjust policies in question, positive reinforcement is given to terrorism and violence as a successful political tactic. Pacifists believe the contrary, that by acting in good faith with nonviolence, they give terrorists a good reason why the use of violence is not necessary to solve problems. When one side is willing to take a risk and break the cycle of violence, it can be a witness to the other.
Working on an assignment that questions how pacifism, just war and total war would respond to terrorism and human rights abuses. I copied and pasted the first question to fix a formatting problem.

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer
Posts: 9323
Joined: April 25 06, 6:07 pm
Location: Across the River

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

Image

User avatar
JohnnyJay
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4914
Joined: April 18 06, 6:37 pm
Location: St. Louis

Post by JohnnyJay »

Francis Bean

:lol:

I didn't even copy that....I don't think I did! :?

Who is Francis Bean? Someone must have been on my puter!

User avatar
docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief
Posts: 24741
Joined: April 18 06, 6:54 pm

Post by docellis »

JohnnyJay wrote:Francis Bean

:lol:

I didn't even copy that....I don't think I did! :?

Who is Francis Bean? Someone must have been on my puter!
Courtney Love and Kurt Cobain's daughter (i think).

Post Reply