Wetherholt to IL

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Post Reply
User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43279
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Wetherholt to IL

Post by heyzeus »

…with wrist soreness.

He’ll still likely end the season with most rookie WAR, but I’d bet Stewart takes ROY now.

User avatar
booger71
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5760
Joined: June 19 18, 5:36 pm

Re: Wetherholt to IL

Post by booger71 »

Great....Oli will have to find some at bats for Prieto

Online
cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12190
Joined: November 6 10, 10:58 am

Re: Wetherholt to IL

Post by cardsfantx »

heyzeus wrote: ↑
August 30 26, 9:22 am
…with wrist soreness.

He’ll still likely end the season with most rookie WAR, but I’d bet Stewart takes ROY now.
Yeah there’s a lot of good options this year in the NL, and if they shut him down, it’ll be too much to overcome
Last edited by cardsfantx on August 30 26, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 69848
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Wetherholt to IL

Post by CardsofSTL »

Too bad for JJ but it makes sense that he was dealing with something the way his hit tool has diminished recently.

User avatar
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11714
Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Location: Southwestern Illinois

Re: Wetherholt to IL

Post by mikechamp »

cardsfantx wrote: ↑
August 30 26, 10:19 am
heyzeus wrote: ↑
August 30 26, 9:22 am
…with wrist soreness.

He’ll still likely end the season with most rookie WAR, but I’d bet Stewart takes ROY now.
Yeah there’s a lot of good options this year in the NL, and if they shut him down, it’ll be too much to overcome
Here is what one writer at Fangraphs had to say on the matter:
Vote For JJ (Or Carson)

Most of baseball’s awards races are formalities this year. The favorites are clear, and deservedly so. Pete Crow-Armstrong is having one of the greatest seasons of the 21st century. Jacob Misiorowski is a closer throwing starter innings. Bobby Witt Jr. has been terrific, but Yordan Alvarez is unsolvable. Cam Schlittler has more fastballs than batters have answers. Kevin McGonigle is a phenom. But I’m most interested in the sixth major race: National League Rookie of the Year. The gambling odds would tell you that it too is settled, with Sal Stewart the prohibitive favorite. But if I had a vote this year, I’d cast it for JJ Wetherholt, and I want to explain myself because I think this race provides a fascinating look into old school versus new school baseball statistics, and how both have blind spots.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/vote-for-jj-or-carson/

Post Reply