RIP Taylor Hawkins

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
User avatar
JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 9248
Joined: September 8 09, 10:56 pm
Location: South County, St. Louis

Re: RIP Taylor Hawkins

Post by JoeMcKim »

haltz wrote: ↑
March 27 22, 7:32 pm
IMADreamer wrote: ↑
March 26 22, 11:19 am
Man this sucks. He always seems like a good guy, always fun putting on a show. Heck of a drummer too.
I saw them at The Pageant in 2003. Small venue, they closed with Everlong and Aurora. Might be the best show I've ever been to and I'm not a huge Foo Fighters fan.
I was at that show!

User avatar
Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese
Posts: 12864
Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
Location: Drunk

Re: RIP Taylor Hawkins

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

This is a big loss. So sad.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: RIP Taylor Hawkins

Post by GeddyWrox »

Is this the last truly great straight-up rock n roll band we'll ever see? I think it might be. And I think that's part of why this hurts so bad.

Superorganism
Veteran Player
Posts: 1021
Joined: October 21 20, 8:13 am

Re: RIP Taylor Hawkins

Post by Superorganism »

GeddyWrox wrote: ↑
March 28 22, 12:42 pm
Is this the last truly great straight-up rock n roll band we'll ever see? I think it might be. And I think that's part of why this hurts so bad.
There’s plenty of rock ‘n roll bands living that life. They’re just not famous. So if you mean arena selling out massive rock bands, it’s probably over until the culture deems that music worthy of top 40 status again.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: RIP Taylor Hawkins

Post by GeddyWrox »

Superorganism wrote: ↑
March 28 22, 12:45 pm
GeddyWrox wrote: ↑
March 28 22, 12:42 pm
Is this the last truly great straight-up rock n roll band we'll ever see? I think it might be. And I think that's part of why this hurts so bad.
There’s plenty of rock ‘n roll bands living that life. They’re just not famous. So if you mean arena selling out massive rock bands, it’s probably over until the culture deems that music worthy of top 40 status again.
Yeah, my sense is a combination of stature, style and longevity.

Post Reply