Has Covid changed your opinion on working from home?

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

How do you feel about working from home?

I like it more than I expected
5
28%
Less than I expected
2
11%
I expected to like it and I do
4
22%
I expected to dislike it and I do
0
No votes
I always worked from home
3
17%
I’ve gone to work the whole time
4
22%
 
Total votes: 18

Superorganism
Veteran Player
Posts: 1021
Joined: October 21 20, 8:13 am

Re: Has Covid changed your opinion on working from home?

Post by Superorganism »

I work for an hour or two a day. At the office or at home.

At least working from home I get to do what I want for the 8 other hours I’m “working.”

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: Has Covid changed your opinion on working from home?

Post by haltz »

TGantz wrote: ↑
January 19 22, 5:21 pm
haltz wrote: ↑
January 19 22, 3:57 pm
TGantz wrote: ↑
January 19 22, 3:43 pm
haltz wrote: ↑
January 19 22, 2:45 pm
TGantz wrote: ↑
January 19 22, 1:49 pm
I am actively risking my life every day in the middle of staffing shortages.
Can I make a recommendation?

Occasionally I work from home for a few days before I go install the thing or hand it off and sometimes I'm in someone else's house by myself for extended periods of time. I really enjoy the solitude, but I bartend every weekend and spent so long in the restaurant industry full time that I don't think I'll ever get over how refreshing it is. Sitting in front of a computer basically doing homework (no offense everyone), whether that's at home or in an office would make me insane.
I think I agree, although I'm not sure where the recommendation is in there.
I was just being snarky about getting vaccinated.
I even gave you the benefit of the doubt and tried to understand what you meant. Should have figured it out.

You will not be receiving a Christmas card from me this year.
Don't say that. I'm sure you'll be fine.

User avatar
TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me
Posts: 6698
Joined: July 27 06, 11:59 pm
Location: The Lou

Re: Has Covid changed your opinion on working from home?

Post by TGantz »

haltz wrote: ↑
January 19 22, 7:41 pm
TGantz wrote: ↑
January 19 22, 5:21 pm
haltz wrote: ↑
January 19 22, 3:57 pm
TGantz wrote: ↑
January 19 22, 3:43 pm
haltz wrote: ↑
January 19 22, 2:45 pm
TGantz wrote: ↑
January 19 22, 1:49 pm
I am actively risking my life every day in the middle of staffing shortages.
Can I make a recommendation?

Occasionally I work from home for a few days before I go install the thing or hand it off and sometimes I'm in someone else's house by myself for extended periods of time. I really enjoy the solitude, but I bartend every weekend and spent so long in the restaurant industry full time that I don't think I'll ever get over how refreshing it is. Sitting in front of a computer basically doing homework (no offense everyone), whether that's at home or in an office would make me insane.
I think I agree, although I'm not sure where the recommendation is in there.
I was just being snarky about getting vaccinated.
I even gave you the benefit of the doubt and tried to understand what you meant. Should have figured it out.

You will not be receiving a Christmas card from me this year.
Don't say that. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Dark

Post Reply