MLB Showdown (card game)
- Famous Mortimer
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 3958
- Joined: November 14 14, 5:23 am
- Location: Cherokee
MLB Showdown (card game)
Just bought a box of these cards from Goodwill, and it looks like fun. Does anyone else still play? Or do you have a box of them somewhere you might want to sell?
- Famous Mortimer
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 3958
- Joined: November 14 14, 5:23 am
- Location: Cherokee
Re: MLB Showdown (card game)
Looking online to see if anyone's selling a box of them for a reasonable price, I learn that there was apparently a surge of interest in the game during lockdown, and prices leapt up. Some of the eBay prices are insane - $20 for a single foil card of a not-all-that-famous player - and I wonder if it's a bubble that's going to burst. $99 for the 2005 starter pack, which can't have been more than $20 brand new.
So, if you do have cards, sell them! Quick, while people are still perhaps willing to pay bonkers prices for them!
So, if you do have cards, sell them! Quick, while people are still perhaps willing to pay bonkers prices for them!
- ndistops
- All-Star
- Posts: 1289
- Joined: November 20 06, 9:00 pm
- Location: West Michigan
Re: MLB Showdown (card game)
A friend and I used to play the hell out of this game during long high school summers. We would draft teams and play out entire league seasons. I remember some relatively random guys had cards that made them studs in the game. Dave Hansen from the Dodgers and F.P. Santangelo from the Giants were among my favorites.
- Famous Mortimer
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 3958
- Joined: November 14 14, 5:23 am
- Location: Cherokee
Re: MLB Showdown (card game)
It looks like a lot of fun, and you can play it (presumably with modern players) via Tabletop Simulator on Steam.
But, I put a message on the FB group devoted to the game to see if anyone wanted to do some swaps of duplicate cards, and a bunch of people responded. After I'd sorted all the cards out, I replied to them with a Google doc, and every single one of them went "oh, actually, I just want to sell mine, I'm not interested in trading". Why respond then, you weirdos?
But, I put a message on the FB group devoted to the game to see if anyone wanted to do some swaps of duplicate cards, and a bunch of people responded. After I'd sorted all the cards out, I replied to them with a Google doc, and every single one of them went "oh, actually, I just want to sell mine, I'm not interested in trading". Why respond then, you weirdos?

