Pick a Kirk, Any Kirk

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

TOS Kirk, Middle Aged Kirk, Old Kirk, Kelvin Kirk

Image
9
64%
Image
2
14%
Image
2
14%
Image
1
7%
 
Total votes: 14

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30840
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: Pick a Kirk, Any Kirk

Post by ghostrunner »

Jocephus wrote: ↑
October 8 21, 12:32 pm
i think its what interests them and there are others that agree and have their level of cynicism. i'm assuming you haven't watched much 'cause this idea that they *promote* nostalgia is just so utterly wrong, nostalgia is always brought up as negative, particularly when reviewing one of these long standing franchises. i disagree with your theory re: RLM's role. the channel has been around since 2007 technically and they have like 1.3 million which isn't very big all things considered how many voices are on the internet.
What they say may not reflect it, but that's what they're making videos about. Most of their videos are either about a popular old movie, or superhero/reboot/sequel related. I will admit I don't watch their stuff. I have here and there over the years when it was referenced elsewhere, and of course the old Phantom Menace breakdown, but I don't go back because I'm not that interested in the topics and I don't enjoy the takes. I'm sure they make some good points here and there, it's just not for me.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Pick a Kirk, Any Kirk

Post by Jocephus »

they have 3 shows. Re:View is a show that they review old movies/shows they like or feel like there is something to discuss, for whatever reason, so i guess thats "nostalgic" but then Half in the bag is current movies and "best of the worst" is old/odd/bad/random movies in a MS3K sense...which was something they did as friends before YT that they then decided to film and is probably the most popular show. then for the big tent pole movies, like star wars, they'll do a 1 off on it 'cause "they have to" since the plinkett reviews of star wars are so famous. again, i disagree that nostalgia is the focus of the movies the review and post, i.e. the direction of the channel. you must only be familiar with re:view and the one offs on star wars or marvel or dc, etc.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Pick a Kirk, Any Kirk

Post by GeddyWrox »

GeddyWrox wrote: ↑
October 8 21, 12:33 pm
Image
How dare you backpage The Real Captain.

Post Reply