Would you hang out w/ an unvaccinated person?

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

Would you hang out with an unvaccinated person?

Yes
12
48%
I will only be around other vaccinated people
5
20%
Delta is on the loose. No one is around me.
0
No votes
Other - depends on the environment (indoor/outdoor)
8
32%
Leroy
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 25

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18725
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: Would you hang out w/ an unvaccinated person?

Post by cardinalkarp »

Sorry, poll updated to include another option

User avatar
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
Posts: 31033
Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am

Re: Would you hang out w/ an unvaccinated person?

Post by Popeye_Card »

cardinalkarp wrote: ↑
August 27 21, 2:47 pm
I understand being put in situations where you’re going to be around an unvaccinated person (ie work, bars, restaurants, public).

But I’m more looking for in your “friends” circle, are you still willing to hang around someone who chooses not to be vaccinated.
I still probably would. I've done what I can to protect myself and my family. If they want to accept the elevated risk, it is their decision.

User avatar
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 24269
Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Contact:

Re: Would you hang out w/ an unvaccinated person?

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

I answered yes. I am vaccinated and don't ask anyone's status that I come into contact with. I also have done my time here and don't give a sh!t if it's my time to go sooner or later.

Doesn't mean I don't think anyone unvaccinated at this point better have a good excuse. If a doctor isn't telling you to skip the vaccine because of a vulnerability you have, you are being selfish and short sighted.

tlombard
tl;dr
Posts: 5042
Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm

Re: Would you hang out w/ an unvaccinated person?

Post by tlombard »

I have two more weeks here in Springfield, MO and then go to Texas for a bit from here. I pretty much don't have a choice. I picked other because I don't really want to hang out with unvaccinated people but I'm not actually worried about it. It is probably more that if you are against getting the vaccine (and not in a category where you shouldn't or can't get the vaccine) then we probably disagree on enough other things that I just don't care to be around you at all. Even without the pandemic and vaccine issue, I have a feeling that I probably wouldn't want to hang around them.

I probably should have picked Leroy.

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38614
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: Would you hang out w/ an unvaccinated person?

Post by sighyoung »

It's probably inevitable for me since I teach, and I was also on my daughter's college campus sharing air and microbes with hundreds of other two-legged petri dishes.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 69860
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Would you hang out w/ an unvaccinated person?

Post by CardsofSTL »

Depends on whether or not they're an [expletive].

Also I'm too busy to hang out.

User avatar
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
Posts: 28275
Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
Location: Raptured

Re: Would you hang out w/ an unvaccinated person?

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
August 27 21, 4:39 pm
Depends on whether or not they're an [expletive].

Also I'm too busy to hang out.
They kinda let you know if they're an [expletive] or not.

[expletive] come up with excuses not to get it.
People who aren't [expletive] get it.

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18725
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: Would you hang out w/ an unvaccinated person?

Post by cardinalkarp »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote: ↑
August 27 21, 8:53 pm
CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
August 27 21, 4:39 pm
Depends on whether or not they're an [expletive].

Also I'm too busy to hang out.
They kinda let you know if they're an [expletive] or not.

[expletive] come up with excuses not to get it.
People who aren't [expletive] get it.
And this is exactly where the government wants us….hating each other for different political options and despising people for not being vaccinated. Divide and conquer baby!! All while they make some of the worst decisions and implement policies to enrich themselves in plain sight.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 69860
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Would you hang out w/ an unvaccinated person?

Post by CardsofSTL »

cardinalkarp wrote: ↑
August 28 21, 10:17 am
InvincibleCakeEater wrote: ↑
August 27 21, 8:53 pm
CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
August 27 21, 4:39 pm
Depends on whether or not they're an [expletive].

Also I'm too busy to hang out.
They kinda let you know if they're an [expletive] or not.

[expletive] come up with excuses not to get it.
People who aren't [expletive] get it.
And this is exactly where the government wants us….hating each other for different political options and despising people for not being vaccinated. Divide and conquer baby!! All while they make some of the worst decisions and implement policies to enrich themselves in plain sight.
Well...I know [expletive] that are vaccinated; and [expletive] that are not vaccinated. I don't despise any of them; but I won't hang with them either.

User avatar
TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me
Posts: 6698
Joined: July 27 06, 11:59 pm
Location: The Lou

Re: Would you hang out w/ an unvaccinated person?

Post by TGantz »

I wear a mask everywhere in public both at work and on personal time and limit social activity. I don't really see anyone indoors. I hang out with one friend (he is vaccinated) outside of work, maybe once a month on his deck outside. The first time I went there since the vaccine was readily available I told him "heads up I didn't get the Covid vaccine." He replied "lol I don't give a [expletive]."

Everyone I work with is vaccinated. My entire family outside of my household is vaccinated.

Post Reply