recent random sh#t you fell for

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: recent random sh#t you fell for

Post by Freed Roger »

Also - took some webinars for work on security and protecting data etc
. email scam one seemed fairly straightforward and easily spotted, but I did click on a link from someone pretending to be client. it was the same sort of question this client always asks. fortunately, I clicked the link but didn't open it all the way. alerted the IT immediately, shut off my machine. The one that worries me is password theft. there are gobs of ways to be had there.

sidebar, I always worry that outlook is going to auto-fill a wrong email address in and I won't catch it. Lots of anxiety about this sh#t. The digitized world is [expletive] up

Post Reply