recent random sh#t you fell for
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
recent random sh#t you fell for
"Barbarian Utopia" was being fed to me on social media. In a weak moment I purchased a stream of it. it was Appalachian Trail stories, which I have watched a-plenty already. I lost interest and didn't finish in the allotted time.
Also, I clicked on social media ad for the best hammock ever. It had it all - not just a hammock but an Archie Bunker chair the performed felatio and had a bug net, all for $30. when it arrived 6 months letter it was MC Hammer's parachute pants wadded up.
Also, I clicked on social media ad for the best hammock ever. It had it all - not just a hammock but an Archie Bunker chair the performed felatio and had a bug net, all for $30. when it arrived 6 months letter it was MC Hammer's parachute pants wadded up.
- Joe Shlabotnik
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 24272
- Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
- Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
- Contact:
Re: recent random sh#t you fell for
I convinced myself my next phone was going to be a simple flip phone. Well, the battery finally died, I went to the phone store, and they said they didn't have any in stock. Bought the cheapest phone they had. It still cost too much and is bigger than my last. And this one has tailored, pushed advertisements masquerading as 'notifications' that I can't figure out how to turn off. I bet half of GRB knows where I am at all times and the web pages I've been on too!
.what a country.
.what a country.
-
Gashouse
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 5010
- Joined: June 15 06, 6:11 am
- Location: Minneapolis
Re: recent random sh#t you fell for
Our cat convinced me he hadn't been fed, when in fact, my wife had already fed him about an hour earlier.
- go birds
- -go birds
- Posts: 32057
- Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Re: recent random sh#t you fell for
i fell for the address change scam.
in my defense...the scam website is like the first result when you google usps address change, which seems somewhat fraudulent in itself. but it's my own dumb fault for not paying attention.
anyway, my bank took care of it, but stay vigilant out there GRB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in my defense...the scam website is like the first result when you google usps address change, which seems somewhat fraudulent in itself. but it's my own dumb fault for not paying attention.
anyway, my bank took care of it, but stay vigilant out there GRB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Fat_Bulldog
- likes to grate his own cheese
- Posts: 12863
- Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
- Location: Drunk
Re: recent random sh#t you fell for
Getting married. But that was almost 20 years ago now.
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69895
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: recent random sh#t you fell for
I was tracking you earlier on Dead Indian Memorial Road and wondering why you were sitting there for so long.Joe Shlabotnik wrote: ↑June 21 21, 11:47 pmI convinced myself my next phone was going to be a simple flip phone. Well, the battery finally died, I went to the phone store, and they said they didn't have any in stock. Bought the cheapest phone they had. It still cost too much and is bigger than my last. And this one has tailored, pushed advertisements masquerading as 'notifications' that I can't figure out how to turn off. I bet half of GRB knows where I am at all times and the web pages I've been on too!
.what a country.
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69895
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: recent random sh#t you fell for
I try not to carry too much cash because every bum with a hard luck story sees me coming a mile away. I gave some kid 10 bucks to wash my windows at the gas station the other day. Pretty sure his washbucket was full of bacon grease.
- Joe Shlabotnik
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 24272
- Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
- Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
- Contact:
Re: recent random sh#t you fell for
I appreciate your concern oppressor mod. Truly.CardsofSTL wrote: ↑June 22 21, 9:59 amI was tracking you earlier on Dead Indian Memorial Road and wondering why you were sitting there for so long.Joe Shlabotnik wrote: ↑June 21 21, 11:47 pmI convinced myself my next phone was going to be a simple flip phone. Well, the battery finally died, I went to the phone store, and they said they didn't have any in stock. Bought the cheapest phone they had. It still cost too much and is bigger than my last. And this one has tailored, pushed advertisements masquerading as 'notifications' that I can't figure out how to turn off. I bet half of GRB knows where I am at all times and the web pages I've been on too!
.what a country.
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: recent random sh#t you fell for
I remember seeing that one.go birds wrote: ↑June 22 21, 7:26 ami fell for the address change scam.
in my defense...the scam website is like the first result when you google usps address change, which seems somewhat fraudulent in itself. but it's my own dumb fault for not paying attention.
anyway, my bank took care of it, but stay vigilant out there GRB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My wife was subscribing to some Linkedin thing for 8 months before I figured it out. Apple pay is a weak spot, and good luck dealing with them.

