Well that was way more expensive than I thought

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12891
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Well that was way more expensive than I thought

Post by IMADreamer »

A few days ago it was a beautiful 70 degrees and I took the Viper out for a drive. I stop to get gas and this guy in a bro truck pulls infront of me at the pump ahead, he over shoots and starts to back up and his hitch hits the hood of my car. Goes right through it. I was kinda pissed but he was really sorry and embarrassed and super nice so I calmed down fast. Police were called, insurance was called everything is good. His insurance sends a guy to my house to check it out and goes well this will be pricey. I'm like yeah, I bet one of those hoods are like a grand.


So this morning my body guy calls me and says he found an OEM hood, the insurance company has been notified, they are sending a check. That hood. TWENTY THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS! That's not even including paint and labor.


BUT WAIT! There's more. To replace the hood it requires three more pieces, which total up to another Eight thousand dollars. My body guy goes "welp that guy is getting his insurance dropped." lol I kinda feel bad for the guy. BTW the hood and accessories cost slightly less than what I paid for the car.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Well that was way more expensive than I thought

Post by Freed Roger »

yep, I backed into my neighbors subaru and barely divoted plastic side panel. it was so minimal that when i pointed it out to my neighbor, he was about to blow it off, but I felt better about turning it in as my bad. 2,100

Post Reply