Wildfire near the house

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
User avatar
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 24269
Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Contact:

Wildfire near the house

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

A wild fire blew up about 3 miles south of our house this morning.

Winds between 20-40 MPH today and the smoke is coming right over the house. We've got the hoses out and ready, cars packed to go and are just watching it now.

The good news: Between it and us is about 2 miles of well irrigated pear orchards and hemp grows.

The bad news: winds are supposed to be like this for the next 24 hours.

2020, you've done it again!

Image

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Wildfire near the house

Post by GeddyWrox »

Oh man, don't hesitate to book it outta there. Scary, man. I hope it dies out soon and you don't have to leave. But stay safe first and foremost!

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 69843
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Wildfire near the house

Post by CardsofSTL »

I was in Medford 1.5 years ago Joey Baloney...where was my invite to come over for a hot meal?

Stay safe.

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25225
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: Wildfire near the house

Post by Leroy »

Another gender reveal party?

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38613
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: Wildfire near the house

Post by sighyoung »

Leroy wrote: ↑
September 8 20, 3:36 pm
Another gender reveal party?
=D>

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38613
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: Wildfire near the house

Post by sighyoung »

I hope you and yours remain safe, Joe.

Here's what I hope doesn't happen out your way:

User avatar
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 24269
Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Contact:

Re: Wildfire near the house

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Hey all. Thanks for the support. when I left my house at 4:00 p.m. there was fire on three sides within a quarter of a mile. But the wind was blowing the other way so I'm hopeful it's still there when I can get back to it. The town of Phoenix 5 miles north of us is still burning 3 hours later. Don't know how much.

But the family is safe even if I had to take a two hour detour to get to my son's house across town.

EDIT: Don't know if it will make the national news but we're hearing from several people that live in the small cities of Talent and Phoenix that their houses are gone. Morning will be ugly here.

EDIT EDIT: @Leroy - awesome as usual! 🙂
Last edited by Joe Shlabotnik on September 8 20, 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30813
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: Wildfire near the house

Post by ghostrunner »

sighyoung wrote: ↑
September 8 20, 7:55 pm
I hope you and yours remain safe, Joe.

Here's what I hope doesn't happen out your way:

I hate how this looks cool as hell

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Wildfire near the house

Post by Freed Roger »

sorry Joe S. it looks like hell. be safe.

User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12890
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Wildfire near the house

Post by IMADreamer »

Hope everything improves there. Wildfire is the scariest natural disaster to me. Best of luck!

Post Reply