Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply

Best STL Options

St. Paul Sandwich
1
1%
Gooey Butthole Cake
9
13%
STL-style pizza/Imo's
12
17%
Slinger
4
6%
Park Steaks
14
19%
T-Ravs
18
25%
A-B Tour
7
10%
Schlafly
7
10%
 
Total votes: 72

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43286
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by heyzeus »

If you do it right, the provel gets super melty and sticks to the roof of your mouth. [expletive] I love it.

User avatar
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
Posts: 28275
Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
Location: Raptured

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Jocephus wrote: ↑
May 9 20, 4:38 pm
hmm...well, if halt'z picture is the ideal...mine probably was a little darker than that...but i don't feel like much more...hah...what have i done?! this will be my rocky
Sounds like you pretty much did it right.

The dirty little secret nobody wants to admit is...
[SHOW]
IMO's actually sucks. And I say that as a lover of garbage food. [expletive], I'd rather have a Red Baron thin crust.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43286
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by heyzeus »

You shut your whore mouth.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by GeddyWrox »

heyzeus wrote: ↑
May 11 20, 5:56 am
You shut your whore mouth.
Image

tlombard
tl;dr
Posts: 5042
Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by tlombard »

My biggest complaint with Imo's is that they aren't consistent. I loved the one that delivered to me when I lived by the Airport but I don't like the one that delivers to me now. They are a little better now that they are under new management but there is just something different about them compared to what you get at other restaurants. Imo's literally is great at some stores and garbage at others... and I don't like the one that delivers to me.

I may get kicked out of here but I'm just not a fan. Give me Pirrone's, Guido's or Cecil Whittaker's any day. Another place I'm really becoming a fan of is Reavis Pizza. There is a lot of really good St. Louis Style pizza around town so I don't have to rely on the Imo's near me to figure their stuff out.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Big fan of Imos the more I'm away from it.

My brother used to work at one and he would stink so bad coming home. Turned both of us off for a while. I can't remember what he said about it but he was not without comment.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by GeddyWrox »

tlombard wrote: ↑
May 11 20, 8:43 am
My biggest complaint with Imo's is that they aren't consistent. I loved the one that delivered to me when I lived by the Airport but I don't like the one that delivers to me now. They are a little better now that they are under new management but there is just something different about them compared to what you get at other restaurants. Imo's literally is great at some stores and garbage at others... and I don't like the one that delivers to me.

I may get kicked out of here but I'm just not a fan. Give me Pirrone's, Guido's or Cecil Whittaker's any day. Another place I'm really becoming a fan of is Reavis Pizza. There is a lot of really good St. Louis Style pizza around town so I don't have to rely on the Imo's near me to figure their stuff out.
This is a fair critique. But when people just dismiss STL style pizza entirely, well that I can't abide. Them's fightin words.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by GeddyWrox »

And also, YAY for Guido's. My brother used to live right across the street and he ate there a ton. He made me into a big fan as well.

tlombard
tl;dr
Posts: 5042
Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by tlombard »

I get sucked into the argument all the time when people outright dismiss St. Louis style pizza. I don't defend Imo's but I will try and get them to try all the other really good places that we have around town.

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer
Posts: 9323
Joined: April 25 06, 6:07 pm
Location: Across the River

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote: ↑
May 10 20, 2:20 am
Jocephus wrote: ↑
May 9 20, 4:38 pm
hmm...well, if halt'z picture is the ideal...mine probably was a little darker than that...but i don't feel like much more...hah...what have i done?! this will be my rocky
Sounds like you pretty much did it right.

The dirty little secret nobody wants to admit is...
[SHOW]
IMO's actually sucks. And I say that as a lover of garbage food. [expletive], I'd rather have a Red Baron thin crust.
I have tried hard in recent years to let people like what they like when comes to food, entertainment, fashion, etc. St. Louis pizza is maybe the hardest topic to do so, since I struggle to call it 'food' per se. But to each their own. The thing that bugs me as a local is that it limits the opporrtunity for edible local pizza options. When there's Imos, Stefaninas, Cecil Whittakers, etc everywhere, I'm left with predominantly national chains when it's pizza night.

Post Reply