Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply

Best STL Options

St. Paul Sandwich
1
1%
Gooey Butthole Cake
9
13%
STL-style pizza/Imo's
12
17%
Slinger
4
6%
Park Steaks
14
19%
T-Ravs
18
25%
A-B Tour
7
10%
Schlafly
7
10%
 
Total votes: 72

User avatar
Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!
Posts: 10841
Joined: July 1 06, 7:24 pm
Location: Lost in the Cloud

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by Schlich »

How am I the only vote for st paul sandwich? And what is a park steak? Am I doing st Louis wrong?

User avatar
JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 9248
Joined: September 8 09, 10:56 pm
Location: South County, St. Louis

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by JoeMcKim »

It's supposed to be Pork Steak.

User avatar
Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!
Posts: 10841
Joined: July 1 06, 7:24 pm
Location: Lost in the Cloud

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by Schlich »

That makes more sense, but I've still never had any... I think?

Online
User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62284
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by Radbird »

I remember my grandma loved egg foo yong and that I thought it looked nasty, but can’t recall ever seeing or hearing of the St Paul sandwich as a kid.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by Jocephus »


User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43284
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by heyzeus »

Jocephus wrote: ↑
April 25 20, 8:20 am
What is the thing he starts eating at about 11 minutes in, out of the big tray?

Also, why does St. Louis have so many regional foods that, even in the modern era of ethnic food co-optation, are still only found in STL?

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by GeddyWrox »

I believe it was a second kind of gooey butter cake. The first one in the clear plastic tray he said had cookie dough in it. The one in the bigger tray looked like plain gooey butter cake.

Also, JFC he ate a lot in one sitting. I gained 5 lbs just watching this.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43284
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by heyzeus »

Yeah if he actually ate all that, it would be near fatal. But duck if I don’t want an Imos real bad right now.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by Jocephus »

heyzeus wrote: ↑
April 28 20, 6:39 am
Yeah if he actually ate all that, it would be near fatal. But duck if I don’t want an Imos real bad right now.
https://www.goldbelly.com/imos-pizza

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43284
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Poll: What is the Best St. Louisey Thing?

Post by heyzeus »

Yeah, I just don't have freezer space for like 10 imo's right now. Gotta hoard all the soylent green for the coming apocalypse.

Post Reply