I don't know how to react to this (a serious post, really).
- G. Keenan
- Sucking on the Rally Nipple
- Posts: 23718
- Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
- Location: Chicago
Re: I don't know how to react to this (a serious post, reall
I'm sorry to hear about your friend's misfortune, leroy, and don't think I can give any advice that hasn't already been said.
Though I will say that you have to keep us posted on how this turns out.
Though I will say that you have to keep us posted on how this turns out.
- StatmanCrothers
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 6461
- Joined: April 17 06, 6:50 am
- Location: Boston burbs
- Contact:
Re: I don't know how to react to this (a serious post, reall
That sucks, tough situation. fist bump of support.
but don't be surprised if the amnesia part is faked or exagerrated. who could forget you, man?
but don't be surprised if the amnesia part is faked or exagerrated. who could forget you, man?
- mikechamp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11719
- Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
- Location: Southwestern Illinois
Re: I don't know how to react to this (a serious post, reall
Woah, woah, woah... sorry to temporarily derail the thread, but did anyone else notice the Statman is back?
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Re: I don't know how to react to this (a serious post, reall
Some great advice in this thread. Nothing for me to add, other than to repeat that your only REAL obligation is to be kind to him and his wife. Beyond that, let the pieces fall where they may.
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: I don't know how to react to this (a serious post, reall
Leroy and Statman, together in a thread. Now I'm happy.
- G. Keenan
- Sucking on the Rally Nipple
- Posts: 23718
- Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
- Location: Chicago
Re: I don't know how to react to this (a serious post, reall
I did, and did a double take.mikechamp wrote:Woah, woah, woah... sorry to temporarily derail the thread, but did anyone else notice the Statman is back?
- Tim
- Consider him admonished
- Posts: 8320
- Joined: March 25 15, 9:59 am
- Location: The South
Re: I don't know how to react to this (a serious post, reall
I hesitate to offer much in the way of advice, however nobody knows what to say in times like this, so just being present is all that is needed.
Amnesia, while rare, is definitely real and if confirmed then it’s a sad deal. Again, being present will go a long way.
I hope your friend gets the help he needs and the family the support they need. Families are often overlooked.
Amnesia, while rare, is definitely real and if confirmed then it’s a sad deal. Again, being present will go a long way.
I hope your friend gets the help he needs and the family the support they need. Families are often overlooked.
- Leroy
- a bad penny always turns up
- Posts: 25226
- Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
- Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
- Contact:
Re: I don't know how to react to this (a serious post, really).
Well, sad ending to a story I still don't understand. Short version, friend took a fall last week and two days later is gone. Whether the amnesia was real, I still don't know, and doesn't matter at his point. He did take a shot to the head then, and in this fall, so the combination is believed to be what did him in.
Anyway, I am a pallbearer for my 49 year old friend, and will be playing Amazing Grace during the funeral. If I know me, I will play it as fine as I ever have and will probably shed some tears as I do so.
Anyway, I am a pallbearer for my 49 year old friend, and will be playing Amazing Grace during the funeral. If I know me, I will play it as fine as I ever have and will probably shed some tears as I do so.
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: I don't know how to react to this (a serious post, really).
damn Leroy, that is rough. Peace to you and yours.
-
Gashouse
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 5010
- Joined: June 15 06, 6:11 am
- Location: Minneapolis
Re: I don't know how to react to this (a serious post, really).
I'm so sorry Leroy.




