Distracted Driving

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12891
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Distracted Driving

Post by IMADreamer »

stlouie_lipp wrote:They need to make harsh penalties for people who get caught doing this. Loss of driving privileges for a year or something. I'm at the point that whenever I need to stop, even if it is simply for a stop light, I look in my rear view mirror to make sure the person behind me is looking up and sees the traffic is stopped.

I think it needs to be the same penalty at drunk driving because as far as I'm concerned it's just as bad.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5010
Joined: June 15 06, 6:11 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Distracted Driving

Post by Gashouse »

NPR had a story about a possible "Textalyzer" to test of distracted drivers causing accidents. Sure enough, about 10 min after hearing the story, I passed someone who was all over the highway, and they were on their phone looking like they were texting.

I agree that there needs to be harsh penalties - in line with drunk driving.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechcons ... ut-privacy

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18725
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: Distracted Driving

Post by cardinalkarp »

It's pretty sickening the amount of people you'll drive by on the highway (in rush hour traffic no less) and they're just texting away.

If I see that I try to get as far away and as quickly as possible from those idiots.

Post Reply