The Official WTF Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: The Official WTF Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

It really is

User avatar
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22007
Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
Location: High A Minors

Re: The Official WTF Thread

Post by pioneer98 »

Language
[SHOW]

tlombard
tl;dr
Posts: 5042
Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm

Re: The Official WTF Thread

Post by tlombard »

lukethedrifter wrote:Image

yes, that's a window unit AC locked to a chair locked to a fence. On Vandeventer near World Fair Donuts.

I recognize that fence!!! I literally live right there just a couple of doors down from that old school that fence surrounds. Somehow I didn't notice the AC locked to the chair and fence though. I literally catch the bus RIGHT there where that was taken when I'm not too lazy and am not running late to work and don't have time for the bus.

User avatar
wart57
just can't quit you.
Posts: 25075
Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Location: Lost

Re: The Official WTF Thread

Post by wart57 »

tlombard wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Image

yes, that's a window unit AC locked to a chair locked to a fence. On Vandeventer near World Fair Donuts.

I recognize that fence!!! I literally live right there just a couple of doors down from that old school that fence surrounds. Somehow I didn't notice the AC locked to the chair and fence though. I literally catch the bus RIGHT there where that was taken when I'm not too lazy and am not running late to work and don't have time for the bus.
Cool chair, bro.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: The Official WTF Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

My stepdaughter is your neighbor then. Back in the 90s I lived about a half block away from that intersection myself.

tlombard
tl;dr
Posts: 5042
Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm

Re: The Official WTF Thread

Post by tlombard »

I found out a couple of years ago that my great, great grandmother used to live on the 4500 block of Flora. I live on the 4500 block of Flad. Flora is literally the next street over from me. Never was able to find out exactly which building she lived in though. My grandma was really young when she would go visit her there.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: The Official WTF Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

I was at 4539 1E. Had some great neighbors and some crazy [expletive] go down while I was there. Heard a neighbor acquaintance get shot to death by her boyfriend. Meanwhile 2 houses to the east this eccentric old lawyer had several of what appeared to be his clients living with him. Good times.

tlombard
tl;dr
Posts: 5042
Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm

Re: The Official WTF Thread

Post by tlombard »

My best friend lived on Portis when I met him freshman year of HS. I can see the back of his old apartment from my bedroom window. It was definitely a different area in the 90s. It's come a long way since then.

I've been there about five years and haven't had a single problem. I even accidentally dropped my debit card on the side walk one time and got it back. I'm in 2W and the guy in 1E found it and slipped it under my door when I wasn't home.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: The Official WTF Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

tlombard wrote:My best friend lived on Portis when I met him freshman year of HS. I can see the back of his old apartment from my bedroom window. It was definitely a different area in the 90s. It's come a long way since then.

I've been there about five years and haven't had a single problem. I even accidentally dropped my debit card on the side walk one time and got it back. I'm in 2W and the guy in 1E found it and slipped it under my door when I wasn't home.

Actually the neighborhood was pretty cool back then. You just couldn't let all the break-ins get you down. Really. Then there was the poor lady across the street- maybe in your building- whose boyfriend stabbed her then left her in the dumpster.

But other than all that...

tlombard
tl;dr
Posts: 5042
Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm

Re: The Official WTF Thread

Post by tlombard »

Hmm... I'm in 4548 Flad.

Post Reply