They have to. They are sitting on a goldmine - how much would some business pay to be an official 'PokeStop' or a place where a particularly valuable pokemon hides? Holy [expletive] they are sitting on a goldmine. But to pay off, they need to be good corporate citizens about the whole thing. It should be a no-brainer for them to work with those that want to opt-out so they can make a killing on those wanting to opt-in.ghostrunner wrote:I would like to see what the developer's response is. I'd hope they allow places to opt out of being used as a location in the game.
The Official WTF Thread
- Joe Shlabotnik
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 24273
- Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
- Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
- Contact:
Re: The Official WTF Thread
- stlouie_lipp
- Hallelujah Brother
- Posts: 13380
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Re: The Official WTF Thread
I guess my criticism was aimed more at the people who think it's OK to chase (is that what they do?) Pokmon at a place like Auschwitz. Doesn't something tell them "this isn't right"?Joe Shlabotnik wrote:Let's see how long it takes them to fix this. It's quickly gone incredibly viral. It could be they just didn't even think about the need for a filter like this.stlouie_lipp wrote:It is a shame that this statement even has to be made. WTF is wrong with people?
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news ... /86991810/Officials at the Holocaust Museum and Poland's Auschwitz Memorial are calling on Pokémon Go maker Niantic to take their sites off the locations where players can hunt cartoon creatures in the popular augmented reality app, saying it dishonors Holocaust victims.
- wart57
- just can't quit you.
- Posts: 25075
- Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
- Location: Lost
Re: The Official WTF Thread
They are chasing little digital cartoons....I don't know if some of them understand reality or history.stlouie_lipp wrote:I guess my criticism was aimed more at the people who think it's OK to chase (is that what they do?) Pokmon at a place like Auschwitz. Doesn't something tell them "this isn't right"?Joe Shlabotnik wrote:Let's see how long it takes them to fix this. It's quickly gone incredibly viral. It could be they just didn't even think about the need for a filter like this.stlouie_lipp wrote:It is a shame that this statement even has to be made. WTF is wrong with people?
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news ... /86991810/Officials at the Holocaust Museum and Poland's Auschwitz Memorial are calling on Pokémon Go maker Niantic to take their sites off the locations where players can hunt cartoon creatures in the popular augmented reality app, saying it dishonors Holocaust victims.
- ZigZagCardsFan
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 5526
- Joined: July 29 06, 6:26 pm
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12897
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: The Official WTF Thread
I just saw a video of George Bush dancing at those cops funeral. Seriously wtf. I'd post it if I was home.
-
jim
- Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
- Posts: 50393
- Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm
Re: The Official WTF Thread
Rarely do I walk around for who knows how long with my fly completely open. Rarely, but not as rarely as forgetting to zip, do I forget to pack a pair of underwear in the morning and have to go commando all day. Never have the two occurred on the same day - until today.
- wart57
- just can't quit you.
- Posts: 25075
- Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
- Location: Lost
Re: The Official WTF Thread
Did anyone see your pokemon?jim wrote:Rarely do I walk around for who knows how long with my fly completely open. Rarely, but not as rarely as forgetting to zip, do I forget to pack a pair of underwear in the morning and have to go commando all day. Never have the two occurred on the same day - until today.
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: The Official WTF Thread

yes, that's a window unit AC locked to a chair locked to a fence. On Vandeventer near World Fair Donuts.
-
mtate
- Single A Minor League Player
- Posts: 4
- Joined: August 18 16, 2:12 am
Re: The Official WTF Thread
hah that's gorgeous




