Mizzou football '13

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Pinkel is set to be on Mike & Mike at 7:30 Central this morning. I'm sure the STL folks hear him quite a bit, but it might be useful for us out-of-towners.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by Jocephus »

i missed it but they played a clip of him talking about not taking the washington job as i was headed to work

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by JL21 »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:Pinkel is set to be on Mike & Mike at 7:30 Central this morning. I'm sure the STL folks hear him quite a bit, but it might be useful for us out-of-towners.
It was the most hilariously bland, boring interview ever given. Although that's what we've all come to expect from Uncle Gary.

That Washington clip was the most meaningful thing he said.

User avatar
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159
Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by StL Dan »

Dang, I missed it even though the TV was turned on to the M&M show this morning while I was getting ready for work.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by Jocephus »

should be able to hear pink man here

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... uri-tigers

User avatar
go birds
-go birds
Posts: 32057
Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by go birds »

StL Dan wrote:IF Mizzou beats Auburn and Mich State beats OSU, assuming FSU beats Duke in the ACCCG, yes, I think Mizzou plays in the BCSCG.

The new BCS rankings should be:

1. FSU
2. Mizzou
3. Auburn
4. Bama
5. Oklahoma State depending on what they do in the Big12CG
i wouldn't completely rule out Duke beating FSU.

That would be one hell of a perfect storm though

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

To play in the BCSNC, Mizzou needs to win and one of OSU/FSU needs to lose. It is as simple as that.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Also, if OSU and FSU lose, the winner of the SEC CG probably plays Alabama in the BCSNC.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by Socnorb11 »

I think there's zero chance of FSU losing to Duke. I'd bet a LOT of money on that game.

I think Mich. State will be OSU, however. I also think that Missouri will beat Auburn.

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by JL21 »

I think Ohio St. is overrated, but I also think Michigan St. is just as overrated if not overrateder. So while OSU is open to an upset, and Sparty is certainly good enough to win it, I still think it'd be a healthy upset for Michigan St. to win.

I also think I have better odds of fornicating with Kate Upton than Duke has of beating Florida St.

As for Mizzou-Auburn, they seem pretty equal in terms of talent, with Mizzou even having a slight edge. But Malzahn's a mad genius and I'm terrified of how Mizzou's defense will handle his wacky hybrid 1950s/21st century offense.

Post Reply