Manti Te'o got ate by a catfish or something

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
Vidor
You've just been hit by...VidorSmarm™
Posts: 22956
Joined: June 10 10, 7:50 pm

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by Vidor »

Te'o told Schaap he tried to speak with Kekua via Skype and FaceTime on numerous occasions, but the person at the other end of the line was in what he called a "black box."

http://news.yahoo.com/nfl--manti-te-o-s ... 12320.html

Someone needs to tell this guy to stop digging himself a deeper hole.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by lukethedrifter »

His story only confirms that he is a shameless self promoter, regardless of whether he was involved in a conspiracy.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by lukethedrifter »

I'd like to step on ND while their down so let's talk about the "Win one for the Gipper" lie and any others you know about.

George Gipp was an unrepentant gambler who died after passing out drunk in the snow. Did not take classes, was eventually kicked out of school, but let back in due to the howling of ND alums.


Boy, that was fun.

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30824
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by ghostrunner »

How is this a major story? I don't get it.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by Freed Roger »

I would rather see it analyzed how good a football player he is. ND was keeping teams out of the end zone during their hot streak. He does seem to be opportunistic on the field. TBH, I only saw him play sparingly this past season after I heard all the hype. The game against Pitt ... my impression was inconclusive - announcers were clamoring - giving him credit for a tackle on every pile he jumped on (reminded me of the Brian Bosworth days).

I am uncertain - he just didn't seem like the OMG THE FIRST DEFENSIVE PLAYER WORTHY OF HEISMAN TROPHY IN 50 YEARS!!!
He seemed like a good player, but then again he wasn't like a Ndonkeykong Suh in college-changing the tenure of the game. From the limited viewing - I was more impressed by ND's maturing QB and running game.

Then I attempted to watch him play against Ala and ND defense was completely taken aback by the speed - like they'd never seen that sort action. But I got bored with it the blowout and stopped watching.

Again, I don't know. Football people (which I don't claim to be one) know how to break down film. I'd like to know what they are saying. Was he ever a once in 50 year Heisman quality defender? Or was that myth too?

Vidor
You've just been hit by...VidorSmarm™
Posts: 22956
Joined: June 10 10, 7:50 pm

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by Vidor »

Even before all of this mess the Alabama game exposed him as hugely overrated.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Remember when Brian Kelly killed that student by forcing him to go up in the tower and then ND payed the kid's family who knows how many millions to keep quiet?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Remember when ND fans thought they were the best team in the country this year?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Remember when ND players raped Lizzy Seeburg and then the administration covered it up so she killed herself?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Remember when ND hired George O'Leary?

Post Reply