cardsfansince82 wrote:Jeremy schaap is apparently on the Te'o payroll. And also appeared to have to pee really bad. That was awkward.
LOL, yes, six-time Emmy award winner Jeremy Schaap was paid off by the Te'os.
C'mon, dude. If you want to believe Manti is lying his ass off to everyone for attention, fine, but Jeremy Schaap is one of the best broadcast journalists there is. If the Te'os wanted to pay someone off, they'd find plenty of people willing to do so before him.
cardsfansince82 wrote:Jeremy schaap is apparently on the Te'o payroll. And also appeared to have to pee really bad. That was awkward.
LOL, yes, six-time Emmy award winner Jeremy Schaap was paid off by the Te'os.
C'mon, dude. If you want to believe Manti is lying his ass off to everyone for attention, fine, but Jeremy Schaap is one of the best broadcast journalists there is. If the Te'os wanted to pay someone off, they'd find plenty of people willing to do so before him.
An off camera "interview" that bypasses a whole bunch of pressing questions in favor of bolstering the Te'o version of events with whatever flimsy evidence his people could come up with is the apex of sports journalism.
cardsfansince82 wrote:Jeremy schaap is apparently on the Te'o payroll. And also appeared to have to pee really bad. That was awkward.
LOL, yes, six-time Emmy award winner Jeremy Schaap was paid off by the Te'os.
C'mon, dude. If you want to believe Manti is lying his ass off to everyone for attention, fine, but Jeremy Schaap is one of the best broadcast journalists there is. If the Te'os wanted to pay someone off, they'd find plenty of people willing to do so before him.
I... don't think he meant that literally.
Fair enough. The snark has been so beat-you-over-the-head obvious for the most part that it's been easy to separate from the real.
And no, they didn't literally cut him a check. When you are the most sought after interviewee on the planet, someone of his stature will do it for free.
This has to be the stupidest [expletive] sports story I've ever heard of. I'm embarrassed that it's a headline on CNN, ESPN, and has 21 pages here. It's the NFL playoffs! Hockey is back! College basketball is sort of interesting, kinda, right now! For the love of god, why am I only hearing about this soap opera bull [expletive] and Lance [expletive] Armstrong? Has there ever been a worse week for sports news, like, ever? Am I the only one who's this pissed off about this [expletive]?!
I've seen this in real life, so it's completely believable. As I said earlier, a guy that I work with carried on a relationship for a year and a half, and never met the girl. He literally kept her picture up in his office, and at some point started talking about a future with her.
cardsfansince82 wrote:And no, they didn't literally cut him a check. When you are the most sought after interviewee on the planet, someone of his stature will do it for free.