Bob Costas vs. Al Michaels

A forum for non-baseball sports
jeffbgoofy
All-Star
Posts: 2208
Joined: March 17 08, 1:02 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO
Contact:

Re: Bob Costas vs. Al Michaels

Post by jeffbgoofy »

Bob Costas married my 3rd grade teacher many moons ago, so since I have a personal connection, I am biased...

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Bob Costas vs. Al Michaels

Post by lukethedrifter »

jeffbgoofy wrote:Bob Costas married my 3rd grade teacher many moons ago, so since I have a personal connection, I am biased...
I thought he dumped his wife. No?

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
Posts: 28010
Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List

Re: Bob Costas vs. Al Michaels

Post by Fat Strat »

Does Bob Costas actually do any play by play anymore? I haven't heard him do any in years. He's really more of a study/set guy now, isn't he?

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: Bob Costas vs. Al Michaels

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

If I'm picking for one guy doing one sport, Mike Emrick doing hockey tops them all. I enjoy Sean Mcdonough for his versatility.

jeffbgoofy
All-Star
Posts: 2208
Joined: March 17 08, 1:02 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO
Contact:

Re: Bob Costas vs. Al Michaels

Post by jeffbgoofy »

lukethedrifter wrote:
jeffbgoofy wrote:Bob Costas married my 3rd grade teacher many moons ago, so since I have a personal connection, I am biased...
I thought he dumped his wife. No?
correct, not sure which one of them still lives in Runnymede

User avatar
ndistops
All-Star
Posts: 1289
Joined: November 20 06, 9:00 pm
Location: West Michigan

Re: Bob Costas vs. Al Michaels

Post by ndistops »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:If I'm picking for one guy doing one sport, Mike Emrick doing hockey tops them all. I enjoy Sean Mcdonough for his versatility.
Love McDonough, and Popeye's offering of Albert is solid too.

You know who I miss? Ron Franklin.

User avatar
Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid
Posts: 3140
Joined: July 25 06, 1:02 pm
Location: Decatur, IL

Re: Bob Costas vs. Al Michaels

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

Popeye_Card wrote:For strictly play-by-play, I'm going to go outside the box here and select Marv Albert.
Is there a pun here? Not quite sure.


I do agree.

M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim
Posts: 4129
Joined: October 7 06, 7:23 am
Location: springfield illinois

Re: Bob Costas vs. Al Michaels

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

I like costas also but michaels did give us this

[/youtube]

Post Reply