Page 1 of 2

Eclipse 2024

Posted: April 8 24, 9:43 am
by Arthur Dent
Anyone trying to catch it? Seems like the weather south of St Louis is decent?

Re: Eclipse 2024

Posted: April 8 24, 10:02 am
by ghostrunner
We're in the path so staying at home.

I've been peeking at the traffic map on Google all day. Really picking up. It's supposed to be worst after it's over in a given area.
[SHOW]
Image

Re: Eclipse 2024

Posted: April 8 24, 12:17 pm
by ghostrunner
Indiana has apparently had to close a bunch of rest areas because they're at capacity.

Just looked up a minute ago and it's about 10%. Still 50 minutes until the peak here.

Re: Eclipse 2024

Posted: April 8 24, 12:31 pm
by New Pagodi
I was trying to take some pictures in the dumbest way possible by holding a welding lens in front of my phone's camera. I now know shade 5 is too low and shade 14 is too high, but I don't know if anything in between would work.

Re: Eclipse 2024

Posted: April 8 24, 12:40 pm
by Jocephus
there's quite a gaggle of students and staff watching outside on campus but not much to see from western CO (imo). i think we are at 60% visibility or so.

Re: Eclipse 2024

Posted: April 8 24, 1:41 pm
by ghostrunner
That was amazing. The partial one in 2017 (for us) wasn't even close to this.

Re: Eclipse 2024

Posted: April 8 24, 2:00 pm
by CardsofSTL
I predicted to the locals that the sun would be blacked out today and have been named King of Columbus.

Re: Eclipse 2024

Posted: April 8 24, 2:04 pm
by CardsofSTL

Re: Eclipse 2024

Posted: April 8 24, 2:28 pm
by heyzeus
We had about two minutes of totality here in Austin. And of course it as almost 100% cloudy, with just a few peaks of the sun. Still, pretty neat sitting in the darkness at 1:30 pm.

Re: Eclipse 2024

Posted: April 9 24, 8:56 am
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
We actually had pretty clear skies, fortunately. Totality was astounding. We had it for 3ish minutes and wow. I was not expecting it to be that spectacular.