Page 1 of 1

Jamestown Mall finally being demolished

Posted: September 27 23, 3:32 pm
by SunnyJim
Anybody from NoCo?

First Northland and River Roads, then Northwest Plaza, now this. I know it's been closed for years.


https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local ... 3410144f11
The north St. Louis County shopping center is being torn down nearly 50 years to the day it opened in 1973.

Re: Jamestown Mall finally being demolished

Posted: September 27 23, 4:36 pm
by JoeMcKim
I'm from South County so not really familiar with Jamestown Mall. But they're finally tearing down this KMart near me that's been empty since early 2018.

Re: Jamestown Mall finally being demolished

Posted: September 28 23, 8:48 am
by heyzeus
The malls are the soon to be ghost towns.

Re: Jamestown Mall finally being demolished

Posted: September 28 23, 3:05 pm
by Radbird
I spent my early years in NoCo and remember Northland and River Roads. Malls were a big adventure back then.

Historical note: JFK made a campaign speech at Northland a few weeks before the 1960 election.

Re: Jamestown Mall finally being demolished

Posted: September 28 23, 4:33 pm
by CardsofSTL
All the old 80's malls around here are either gone or been changed into something like a flea market. The new shopping town center mall things are hopping though

Re: Jamestown Mall finally being demolished

Posted: September 28 23, 5:53 pm
by sighyoung
I'd get drunk, too, if some people were coming to turn me into rubble.