Accident in front of my house
Posted: January 17 23, 9:55 am
Had a very bad fatal accident right outside my house last night. Just sort of writing this to log it somewhere.
Driver went slightly into our ditch, then the ditch across the road, and (I think) hit the driveway there and then flipped all the way to the next driveway. Thrown from the car and I think died as soon as she get ejected based on the shape she was in. Won't get into detail but it was pretty grotesque.
We heard her coming, and I had headphones in at the time so it was a bit weird. Sounded/looked like she had been going 70/80 or so if I had to guess. This is a residential area so you know when it's that loud.
She had a car full of stuff and the backseat still seemed full, though the car was also a bit compressed. Trunk got completely emptied. All that stuff was all over the street which made it really confusing trying to see if there was anyone else. I checked the car like 3 times just to be sure but also was in a bit of shock.
Wife called 911 and couldn't respond to questions, and I'd already been trying to figure out if the person was alive and so they put me on. I had to confirm she was dead, which I also won't go into in detail, but at some point it became visually obvious due to parts that were about and I think I kind of knew before that. Though she also made a noise which I think was just a bodily function.
Still keep thinking I didn't do as well as I should have. I think ideally I'd have been more aggressive in checking her out before it was obvious. The car was smoking or maybe just steaming, but maybe I walked up to that too many times than I should have. Finding myself more bothered by these thoughts than the scene itself.
She also took out a rabbit which was just laying dead on the first driveway she hit, but mostly intact. Not sure if maybe that's what caused it. Our road is slightly off from the other side. Not a straight intersection. So either way it's probably hard to speed down it without losing control. There was also a big Ziploc full of medication that was thrown clear.
Anyway, drive safe. Pay attention. Don't speed. Wear your seat belts.
Driver went slightly into our ditch, then the ditch across the road, and (I think) hit the driveway there and then flipped all the way to the next driveway. Thrown from the car and I think died as soon as she get ejected based on the shape she was in. Won't get into detail but it was pretty grotesque.
We heard her coming, and I had headphones in at the time so it was a bit weird. Sounded/looked like she had been going 70/80 or so if I had to guess. This is a residential area so you know when it's that loud.
She had a car full of stuff and the backseat still seemed full, though the car was also a bit compressed. Trunk got completely emptied. All that stuff was all over the street which made it really confusing trying to see if there was anyone else. I checked the car like 3 times just to be sure but also was in a bit of shock.
Wife called 911 and couldn't respond to questions, and I'd already been trying to figure out if the person was alive and so they put me on. I had to confirm she was dead, which I also won't go into in detail, but at some point it became visually obvious due to parts that were about and I think I kind of knew before that. Though she also made a noise which I think was just a bodily function.
Still keep thinking I didn't do as well as I should have. I think ideally I'd have been more aggressive in checking her out before it was obvious. The car was smoking or maybe just steaming, but maybe I walked up to that too many times than I should have. Finding myself more bothered by these thoughts than the scene itself.
She also took out a rabbit which was just laying dead on the first driveway she hit, but mostly intact. Not sure if maybe that's what caused it. Our road is slightly off from the other side. Not a straight intersection. So either way it's probably hard to speed down it without losing control. There was also a big Ziploc full of medication that was thrown clear.
Anyway, drive safe. Pay attention. Don't speed. Wear your seat belts.