Page 1 of 1

The Washington Commanders

Posted: February 2 22, 8:23 am
by Joe Shlabotnik
I liked Football Team better.
[SHOW]
Image

Re: The Washington Commanders

Posted: February 2 22, 9:13 am
by obucard
I'm convinced Dan Snyder is trying to make people regret forcing him to change the team name.

Re: The Washington Commanders

Posted: February 2 22, 9:50 am
by mikechamp
I guess it's better than Commandos?

I could just hear the jokes from opposing fans on that one.

Re: The Washington Commanders

Posted: February 2 22, 10:05 am
by Popeye_Card
I feel like "Gridlock" would have been entirely appropriate.

Re: The Washington Commanders

Posted: February 2 22, 10:23 am
by obucard
mikechamp wrote: ↑
February 2 22, 9:50 am
I guess it's better than Commandos?

I could just hear the jokes from opposing fans on that one.
Twitter currently seems to prefer communism jokes.

Re: The Washington Commanders

Posted: February 2 22, 11:38 am
by mikechamp
Given their recent futility, they could have tried to share the name "Washington Generals".

#ShotsFired

P.S. Were the other 2 finalist names ever mentioned?

Re: The Washington Commanders

Posted: February 10 22, 5:03 am
by JoeMcKim
I believe that RedWolves was in discussion at some point but not sure if they were a finalist.

Re: The Washington Commanders

Posted: March 1 22, 8:56 pm
by CardsofSTL
Somehow I didn't hear about this, but now that I have I'm disappointed and sad.

Thanks a lot Joey Baloney.

Re: The Washington Commanders

Posted: March 1 22, 10:26 pm
by Joe Shlabotnik
CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
March 1 22, 8:56 pm
Somehow I didn't hear about this, but now that I have I'm disappointed and sad.

Thanks a lot Joey Baloney.
I'm here for you mod.