Page 1 of 5
Wildfire near the house
Posted: September 8 20, 2:21 pm
by Joe Shlabotnik
A wild fire blew up about 3 miles south of our house this morning.
Winds between 20-40 MPH today and the smoke is coming right over the house. We've got the hoses out and ready, cars packed to go and are just watching it now.
The good news: Between it and us is about 2 miles of well irrigated pear orchards and hemp grows.
The bad news: winds are supposed to be like this for the next 24 hours.
2020, you've done it again!

Re: Wildfire near the house
Posted: September 8 20, 3:06 pm
by GeddyWrox
Oh man, don't hesitate to book it outta there. Scary, man. I hope it dies out soon and you don't have to leave. But stay safe first and foremost!
Re: Wildfire near the house
Posted: September 8 20, 3:22 pm
by CardsofSTL
I was in Medford 1.5 years ago Joey Baloney...where was my invite to come over for a hot meal?
Stay safe.
Re: Wildfire near the house
Posted: September 8 20, 3:36 pm
by Leroy
Another gender reveal party?
Re: Wildfire near the house
Posted: September 8 20, 7:54 pm
by sighyoung
Leroy wrote: ↑September 8 20, 3:36 pm
Another gender reveal party?

Re: Wildfire near the house
Posted: September 8 20, 7:55 pm
by sighyoung
I hope you and yours remain safe, Joe.
Here's what I hope doesn't happen out your way:
Re: Wildfire near the house
Posted: September 8 20, 8:10 pm
by Joe Shlabotnik
Hey all. Thanks for the support. when I left my house at 4:00 p.m. there was fire on three sides within a quarter of a mile. But the wind was blowing the other way so I'm hopeful it's still there when I can get back to it. The town of Phoenix 5 miles north of us is still burning 3 hours later. Don't know how much.
But the family is safe even if I had to take a two hour detour to get to my son's house across town.
EDIT: Don't know if it will make the national news but we're hearing from several people that live in the small cities of Talent and Phoenix that their houses are gone. Morning will be ugly here.
EDIT EDIT: @Leroy - awesome as usual!

Re: Wildfire near the house
Posted: September 8 20, 9:49 pm
by ghostrunner
sighyoung wrote: ↑September 8 20, 7:55 pm
I hope you and yours remain safe, Joe.
Here's what I hope doesn't happen out your way:
I hate how this looks cool as hell
Re: Wildfire near the house
Posted: September 8 20, 10:36 pm
by Freed Roger
sorry Joe S. it looks like hell. be safe.
Re: Wildfire near the house
Posted: September 9 20, 8:29 am
by IMADreamer
Hope everything improves there. Wildfire is the scariest natural disaster to me. Best of luck!