Page 1 of 3

John Prine

Posted: April 7 20, 9:19 pm
by lukethedrifter
Despite health issues over the last few decades John Prine was an active songwriter, collaborator, mentor, friend, cool ass dude making terrific music.

Your memory will live on. Rest In Peace.



This one hurts.

Re: John Prine

Posted: April 7 20, 9:40 pm
by Freed Roger
Indeed. Rest in peace John Prine - his music lives on.

Luke did you get to see him play?

Re: John Prine

Posted: April 7 20, 9:53 pm
by Joe Shlabotnik
Just came here to post this. Godspeed John. Throw away the paper and eat a lot of peaches up there.

Re: John Prine

Posted: April 7 20, 10:30 pm
by lukethedrifter
Freed Roger wrote: ↑
April 7 20, 9:40 pm
Indeed. Rest in peace John Prine - his music lives on.

Luke did you get to see him play?
Saw him NYE 2018-19 at the Opry. Great show.
Also saw him back in the 90s at Westport.

Re: John Prine

Posted: April 8 20, 7:03 am
by CardsofSTL
Appreciated his music much. Rest in peace John Prine..

Re: John Prine

Posted: April 8 20, 7:55 am
by Fat_Bulldog
RIP

Re: John Prine

Posted: April 8 20, 8:45 am
by Smith Corks One
Thanks, Obama.

Re: John Prine

Posted: April 8 20, 8:51 am
by heyzeus
I'm totally unfamiliar with his music, and I should be. What are the best gateways into his work?

Re: John Prine

Posted: April 8 20, 9:04 am
by tlombard
I'm sure this news has really upset my uncle. I wasn't familiar with John Prine until about a year ago when I spent a weekend at their new house they retired to and my uncle introduced me to him. He LOVED John Prine and I have to say, I was becoming a fan too.

Re: John Prine

Posted: April 8 20, 9:38 am
by Radbird
heyzeus wrote: ↑
April 8 20, 8:51 am
I'm totally unfamiliar with his music, and I should be. What are the best gateways into his work?
Start at the beginning.
Image
https://open.spotify.com/album/5t4FHrIA ... Ew6tHiXVQQ