Page 1 of 1

Busch Stadium seats are too far from the field

Posted: December 28 17, 10:54 am
by Big Amoco Sign
I love this stadium but can they move the seats in closer like AT&T and Wrigley, etc.? I get that it makes it a great pitcher's park (more space to catch fouls) and that's what the team builds for but come on!!!!!

The seats are just too damn far from the action. I want to be right up on the players. I have been to behind-home-plate seats at AT&T in San Francisco and it's night and day how much better that stadium is to St. Louis.

Is there a reason DeWitt did this? We're a baseball town! Put us closer!!!!!

Re: Busch Stadium seats are too far from the field

Posted: December 28 17, 12:36 pm
by Popeye_Card
If they added those seats, they’ll be all-inclusive and run about $1000 per game. You’re ready to pony up for that?

I think the seats are fine just the way they are.

Re: Busch Stadium seats are too far from the field

Posted: December 28 17, 2:20 pm
by wart57
The rent is also too damn high!

Re: Busch Stadium seats are too far from the field

Posted: January 3 18, 9:12 am
by CardsofSTL
The urinals are too short too.

Re: Busch Stadium seats are too far from the field

Posted: January 3 18, 10:00 am
by JL21
Hmm... Seamheads has the following dimensions for the ballparks mentioned:

Square Feet of Foul Territory estimated in thousands of Square Feet:
Busch: 25.4
AT&T: 25.5
Wrigley: Only listed as "Small", so... no clue. Then again, it was also built a long time ago.

Distance from home plate to the stands:
Busch: 52'
AT&T: 54'
Wrigley: 55'

I imagine it has more to do with the angle of the seats. FG had a great article about it earlier this year.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-new ... g-us-away/

If you go here, you'll see Busch's highest seat in the ballpark around 120 feet high, Wrigley at 90, and AT&T around 110-112.

Re: Busch Stadium seats are too far from the field

Posted: January 3 18, 11:48 am
by CardsofSTL
JL21 wrote:Hmm... Seamheads has the following dimensions for the ballparks mentioned:

Square Feet of Foul Territory estimated in thousands of Square Feet:
Busch: 25.4
AT&T: 25.5
Wrigley: Only listed as "Small", so... no clue. Then again, it was also built a long time ago.

Distance from home plate to the stands:
Busch: 52'
AT&T: 54'
Wrigley: 55'

I imagine it has more to do with the angle of the seats. FG had a great article about it earlier this year.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-new ... g-us-away/

If you go here, you'll see Busch's highest seat in the ballpark around 120 feet high, Wrigley at 90, and AT&T around 110-112.
There you go again...bringing an encyclopedia to a knife fight.

Re: Busch Stadium seats are too far from the field

Posted: January 3 18, 12:50 pm
by tlombard
CardsofSTL wrote:
JL21 wrote:Hmm... Seamheads has the following dimensions for the ballparks mentioned:

Square Feet of Foul Territory estimated in thousands of Square Feet:
Busch: 25.4
AT&T: 25.5
Wrigley: Only listed as "Small", so... no clue. Then again, it was also built a long time ago.

Distance from home plate to the stands:
Busch: 52'
AT&T: 54'
Wrigley: 55'

I imagine it has more to do with the angle of the seats. FG had a great article about it earlier this year.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-new ... g-us-away/

If you go here, you'll see Busch's highest seat in the ballpark around 120 feet high, Wrigley at 90, and AT&T around 110-112.
There you go again...bringing an encyclopedia to a knife fight.
Maybe another factor is the relative openness of Busch in the outfield compared to other stadiums, especially AT&T park. If you're sitting right behind home plate at Busch and look from left center to right field, maybe it seems more open and roomy overall compared to looking from center to right field at AT&T and seeing that HUGE wall. I've never been to AT&T so I probably don't know what I'm saying of course. I'm just taking a shot in the dark as to how somebody might consider one so much closer than another.

Re: Busch Stadium seats are too far from the field

Posted: January 3 18, 3:45 pm
by lukethedrifter
CardsofSTL wrote:The urinals are too short too.

I hate low urinals. If you're tall you need a really long schwantz to not make a mess.

Re: Busch Stadium seats are too far from the field

Posted: January 3 18, 3:56 pm
by Transmogrified Tiger
In the specific example of Wrigley, the upper deck is closer to the action because of the beams in the lower deck. For all the grief that 'obstructed view' seats get there, they enable a much better view from the cheaper seats. This is essentially what JL is getting at, just from a different angle.

Re: Busch Stadium seats are too far from the field

Posted: January 4 18, 1:29 pm
by CardsofSTL
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:In the specific example of Wrigley, the upper deck is closer to the action because of the beams in the lower deck. For all the grief that 'obstructed view' seats get there, they enable a much better view from the cheaper seats. This is essentially what JL is getting at, just from a different angle.
Also when I was at Wrigley; they have a piss trough. So no worry about urinal height.