Page 1 of 4
Rave: Adidas
Posted: October 26 16, 2:16 pm
by themiddle54
Lifelong Nike guy. With a sneaker habit. Always loved Nike running shoes, especially the Frees. Bought my first pair of Adidas Ultra Boosts about six months ago and they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. Have bought a few more pairs of Boosts since and love every one of them. They're springy and light and fit great. Don't think I'll be going back to Nike.
Re: Rave: Adidas
Posted: October 26 16, 2:47 pm
by Freed Roger
Adidas Boost are great. Version one was good. Version 2 is way better -probably my favorite road/everyday shoe ever.
The upper part is like a sock - really comfortable. Relatively flat/wavy tread - which is what I want for road/sidewalks etc -not too much tread to cause friction.
IIRC -Cost maybe an extra $25-50 more than most sneakers. Mine have been fairly durable. With that flexible upper, pinkie toe doesn't bust out of it like most my other shoes. Also the upper breathes pretty well - any coolness you can get in awful STL summers helps.
My slight complaint -they leave that styrofoamy sole looks like a whitewall on the black shoe. no biggie. I still wear it everywhere in addition to running.
Note, my former shoe of choice were Brooks -their Pure series mostly. Still like them, but the toe box is just too narrow for my old man (ever-widening) feet.
Off road, I really like Altra. So much that I applied to become a brand ambassador (long shot - they usually like real athletes)
Shoes have trended all over the place as far as support, tread, cushioning - the thing that is special about Altras is they are foot shape. comfy and roomy. Again, I historically have problem of my pinkie toe wearing a whole out the side. Like the Adidas Boost, the later versions worked out some kinks and durability issues of the earlier.
They make road shoes too, that I have yet to try. If they have a downfall, is the look for everyday wearing around. the extra width can make it look a little like "Crocs" - though they are doing better at making that less noticeable somehow.
Re: Rave: Adidas
Posted: October 26 16, 7:33 pm
by Tambourine Man
Love Adidas. i have a couple pair of Puma, but they're not drug out nearly as often as my Adidas. The Springblades are just obnoxious looking, so that's why I got'em. They'd be a horrible running shoe (slick, poor grip), but they're nice for walking.
- [SHOW]

Re: Rave: Adidas
Posted: October 26 16, 8:03 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
I probably wore Adidas Superstars for like 15 years of my life.
Re: Rave: Adidas
Posted: October 27 16, 6:58 am
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
Always thought Adidas was a dead brand. Glad they're making good products. Back when I played indoor soccer, their shoes were the gold standard.....makes me want to play indoor soccer.
Also, new balance are awesome.
Re: Rave: Adidas
Posted: October 27 16, 9:41 am
by Swirls
I've worn Sambas as my daily tennis shoe for years. I love them.
Re: Rave: Adidas
Posted: October 27 16, 11:53 am
by cardsfansince82
Nike Pegasus is the only shoe I will wear anymore. Everything else is either uncomfortable or overpriced.
Re: Rave: Adidas
Posted: October 27 16, 12:44 pm
by themiddle54
The Nike Structure shoes are pretty great, they're build for people who overpronate, which I do.
Re: Rave: Adidas
Posted: October 27 16, 1:15 pm
by Freed Roger
As much as I like Adidas Boost and Altras for offroad - I won't be exclusive with them. I rotate running shoes all the time. Takes me a long while to retire a pair this way. I've heard this is good for feet, mixes up the stress load.
http://www.runtothefinish.com/2015/09/w ... shoes.html
Also, I try not to wear shoes when I can with the notion of building some better foot strength and balance. Mainly shoeless means when I'm being lazy around the house, but sometimes jump-rope and do lunges at the gym sans shoes.
Re: Rave: Adidas
Posted: October 27 16, 9:49 pm
by cardsfansince82
I don't know if I've ever tried on a Structure. I'll check it out the next time I'm in a shoe store, but that's a rare occasion. I don't do any running but I do a lot of walking at work and the Pegasus works well for my feet. I just rotate through 3-4 colorways at any given time. I bought these a couple days ago:
I want to find a pair of these in a store somewhere so I can decide whether or not I like them. Sometimes shoe colors look a lot different in person than the online photos.
