Page 1 of 1
Rant: Termites
Posted: October 20 16, 3:33 pm
by GeddyWrox
Having some windows replaced... The trim around one of the windows had what looked like ants underneath it, but I think they're termites.
Anyone have a termite company they recommend that would go out to Franklin County?
Re: Rant: Termites
Posted: October 20 16, 3:35 pm
by lukethedrifter
Beginning to think termite protection is a scam. Very expensive and they want you to think that the way termites are depicted in the Pink Panther is accurate.
Re: Rant: Termites
Posted: October 20 16, 11:07 pm
by Freed Roger
We purchased our home 20 + yrs ago and cut corners on inspections. Preexisting termite damage. Had to replace floorboards in our entryway- luckily nobody plunged into the basement prior to the fix. Other than that, nothing putty and caulk can't stave off until kids are all on their own.
Re: Rant: Termites
Posted: October 21 16, 11:21 am
by Diddy
We had termanix come out to look at our house after I found some termites. They pissed me off when they kept trying to sell me add ons. I guess it's slightly unethical, but I don't feel bad because it wasn't my original intent, but I took the termanix plan that they drew up for me and bought the stuff online and did it myself for about a quarter of the price they were going to charge.