Page 1 of 5

Best baseball song

Posted: June 28 16, 8:13 am
by heyzeus
There are many baseball songs, but only one is the best, and it is this one.


Re: Best baseball song

Posted: June 28 16, 8:15 am
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
I know this is heresy but I really like Steve Goodman, so ignoring everything else, have to appreciate the passion.


Re: Best baseball song

Posted: June 28 16, 8:17 am
by GeddyWrox
Before I even opened the thread, I knew it would be Centerfield.

Re: Best baseball song

Posted: June 28 16, 8:31 am
by JL21
I won't dispute Centerfield as #1, but I like this one a lot, too. Plus the other cheesy 50s and 60s songs about similar players (Jackie Robinson, Joe Dimaggio, Willie Mays):


Re: Best baseball song

Posted: June 28 16, 9:38 am
by Radbird
NSFW - language

Re: Best baseball song

Posted: June 28 16, 9:42 am
by jim
#1 is:



Some honorable mentions:






Re: Best baseball song

Posted: June 28 16, 9:44 am
by stlouie_lipp

Re: Best baseball song

Posted: June 28 16, 9:47 am
by MrSaigon
I loved this song when I was a kid. Remember the days when you'd have to wait all day by the radio to hear something?

Re: Best baseball song

Posted: June 28 16, 10:28 am
by Joe Shlabotnik
Yup. that's the one.
heyzeus wrote:There are many baseball songs, but only one is the best, and it is this one.


Re: Best baseball song

Posted: June 28 16, 11:29 am
by Socnorb11