Pie for breakfast
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Pie for breakfast
Not pizza. Blueberry. Homemade. With vanilla ice cream.
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Pie for breakfast
Someone brought a lemon merengue into work this morning. Did I eat a slice for breakfast? Yes. Rave approved.
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
- Fat_Bulldog
- likes to grate his own cheese
- Posts: 12862
- Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
- Location: Drunk
Re: Pie for breakfast
Damn. This sounds nice. Real nice.lukethedrifter wrote:Not pizza. Blueberry. Homemade. With vanilla ice cream.
- JL21
- NPR & THT Contributor
- Posts: 36109
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
- Location: Chocolate City
Re: Pie for breakfast
I did this very thing last week (but without the vanilla ice cream). Totally approve of the rave.
Then later in the week, I added the ice cream, which was predictably delicious. And I'll one up you... the ice cream was also homemade.
Then later in the week, I added the ice cream, which was predictably delicious. And I'll one up you... the ice cream was also homemade.
-
Gashouse
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 5010
- Joined: June 15 06, 6:11 am
- Location: Minneapolis
Re: Pie for breakfast
Pie has a pastry crust (including eggs -> nutritious) and often times fruit filling. Add ice cream and there's dairy. Sounds like normal breakfast food.
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Pie for breakfast
And of course, coffee complements it well.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Pie for breakfast
pancake, donuts, pastries
not that unusual
not that unusual
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Pie for breakfast
Black bottom bourbon pecan pie this morning. Hope I don't get popped.
- Molly
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4767
- Joined: May 10 06, 9:57 am
- Location: 6.6 miles from Busch III
Re: Pie for breakfast
Many years ago my brother who had ALS was divorcing his first wife and living w/hubby and me. He and hubby would sit at the kitchen table and have coffee & pie for breakfast many days.



