Page 1 of 1

Indiana University- C/ Kyle Schwarber

Posted: January 21 14, 11:58 am
by IndyCards13
Kyle is a catcher and sometimes first baseman for the Hoosiers. He led the Hoosiers in home runs and also led them to their first ever College World Series. He's eligible for the draft this summer. He was selected as the best catcher in the country by Perfect Game, last year. He even hit a home run out of the ballpark in Nebraska, which was a minor league park. We all know that Yadi is aging, and it's about that time to either draft or develop our catcher of the future. Kyle has the pop in his bat and looks to be a solid replacement for Yadi. He still has plenty of time to develop and if the Cardinals can draft him, they can develop him how they want, like they have with other prospects.

2013 Stats at IU:

18 HR, 65 R, 152 total bases, .647 slugging, .456 OBP, 42 BB, .366 batting average, 54 RBI, 86 hits. He also had a .989 fielding percentage.

Re: Indiana University- C/ Kyle Schwarber

Posted: January 22 14, 2:13 pm
by STL_Cards
I would like to see the Cardinals draft him. He seems like an exciting player.

Re: Indiana University- C/ Kyle Schwarber

Posted: January 23 14, 10:29 am
by jim
I've heard of him, in fact I was hoping Indiana played in the Chicago area sometime this year as they have several top 100 prospects on the team.

Re: Indiana University- C/ Kyle Schwarber

Posted: January 23 14, 12:04 pm
by IndyCards13
jim wrote:I've heard of him, in fact I was hoping Indiana played in the Chicago area sometime this year as they have several top 100 prospects on the team.
The closest they go to Chicago is, Champaign, Illinois to play the Illini.