Page 1 of 1

Minor leaguers

Posted: June 19 12, 2:24 pm
by pioneer98
This league I am in is a keeper league and we can pick up certain minor leaguers (anyone on a 40 man roster, or anyone who was drafted in the 1st round of the amatuer draft).

The team I took over had Joe Panik and Christian Yelich. I didn't know anything about these guys. From what little I've read, Yelich is switching to OF and is hitting very well in the minors. Looks like Panik has taken a step back this year. Is it worth keeping these guys? I'm thinking guys like Panik are a dime a dozen, but Yelich is a keeper.

Any recommendations on who I should go after from this year's 1st round?

Re: Minor leaguers

Posted: June 19 12, 2:28 pm
by cards2468
Yelich is a pretty nice piece, but still years away from producing at the big league level. I'd expect him to be a rangy high BA LFer with something like 20-25 HR a year.

Panik isn't too exciting. Don't know a lot about him, but SS with the BB and K rate he has are worth keeping around.

Re: Minor leaguers

Posted: June 19 12, 2:45 pm
by pioneer98
Thanks!

One thing I read said Panik might be more likely play 2B at the MLB level.

I only get to keep up to 28 guys max, whether they are MLB players or minor leaguers. I will have some tough decisions to be make.