Page 1 of 8

I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Posted: July 24 07, 1:23 pm
by haltz
I just got a haircut, and I sat in a new chair today.

"Just a trim, just clean it up a little."
"OK, how long has it been since your last cut?"
"About two months. I'm kind of letting it grow out I guess."

Apparently that's code for, "guess how long it was back then and then cut it shorter".

I've got my back to the mirror, but I hear a whole lot of scissor action action going on. Before I know it, I look like it's my first day of boot camp. Now, that's fine, I'm a guy. I don't mind having short hair, but it's not what I had in mind. And it's not what I told him to do.

So now there's no way that I'll become the third member of Flight of the Conchords, and it's become apparent that my hairline has receded ever so slightly ... and I still can't grow sideburns.

All of these things are depressing. This pales in comparison, however, to how mad it makes me when people that I'm paying to do something decide that they know better. I understand suggestive selling. I'm the guy that will subtly try and get you to buy that bottle of wine that costs twice as much, because it just matches your entrée so well. But let's just talk about first, huh?

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Posted: July 24 07, 1:26 pm
by Arthur Dent
I think I need to start giving better instructions to the barber. "I don't know. A little shorter I guess," isn't cutting it.

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Posted: July 24 07, 1:32 pm
by wart57
Arthur Dent wrote:I think I need to start giving better instructions to the barber. "I don't know. A little shorter I guess," isn't cutting it.
No, the barber is....

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Posted: July 24 07, 1:50 pm
by Michael
I had the same thing happen yesterday. When I saw Colleen she said "How's it going Sgt. Michael?".


:?

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Posted: July 24 07, 1:53 pm
by Swatcat27
I go sit down & hand my order. Clippers #3, keep side burns, scissors 1/2 inch at the back & side. Exit.

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Posted: July 24 07, 1:54 pm
by lukethedrifter
Michael wrote:I had the same thing happen yesterday. When I saw Colleen she said "How's it going Sgt. Michael?".


:?
Guess that's better than Pvt. Michael.

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Posted: July 24 07, 1:55 pm
by jim
I use the clippers - #2 and blend in the top. Apparently that must be easy for them, because I get the same haircut everytime.

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Posted: July 24 07, 2:00 pm
by docellis
My bf got his hair cut yesterday and I couldn't tell whatsoever. He swears it is because Great Clips is the worst place to get a hair cut. Supercuts is far superior he says.

I would think all those places are pretty equal.

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Posted: July 24 07, 2:08 pm
by G. Keenan
docellis wrote:My bf got his hair cut yesterday and I couldn't tell whatsoever. He swears it is because Great Clips is the worst place to get a hair cut. Supercuts is far superior he says.

I would think all those places are pretty equal.
Pretty much any place with "clips" or "cuts" in the name is going to suck.

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Posted: July 24 07, 2:10 pm
by jim
G. Keenan wrote:
docellis wrote:My bf got his hair cut yesterday and I couldn't tell whatsoever. He swears it is because Great Clips is the worst place to get a hair cut. Supercuts is far superior he says.

I would think all those places are pretty equal.
Pretty much any place with "clips" or "cuts" in the name is going to suck.
For me, they do a better job that other places. I used to go to the Main Street Barber here in town and he was terrible. The clips and cuts places just put that gizmo on and run it through my hair and it turns out the same everytime.