Page 1 of 4

Pistons v. Cavs

Posted: May 22 07, 9:54 am
by ZigZagCardsFan
DETROIT BASKETBALL!

Pistons take a close Game 1. LeBron held to 10 points. If any of the Pistons had decided they wanted to play offense today, it would've been a rout.

Re: Pistons v. Cavs

Posted: May 22 07, 10:04 am
by StL Dan
ZigZagCardsFan wrote:DETROIT BASKETBALL!

Pistons take a close Game 1. LeBron held to 10 points. If any of the Pistons had decided they wanted to play offense today, it would've been a rout.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted: May 22 07, 11:51 am
by TabascoElvis
Ugh, that game was absolutely brutal to watch. I like the outcome but I was hoping to see better play from both sides on both ends.

<aside>

I can't decide whether I like Varajou or hate him.

Maxiell's looking to be a good draft pick.

</aside>

Posted: May 22 07, 4:21 pm
by Transmogrified Tiger
Detroit appears to double team LeBron every possession, with one half trying to snap him at the knees while the other defends the shot.

If only Marshall had knocked down that 3.

Posted: May 25 07, 12:20 am
by ZigZagCardsFan
2-0 Pistons with a little help from the refs at the end, and clutch shooting by thrill's buddy, Rasheed Wallace.

Posted: May 25 07, 12:30 am
by G. Keenan
ZigZagCardsFan wrote:2-0 Pistons with a little help from the refs at the end, and clutch shooting by thrill's buddy, Rasheed Wallace.
That's cold Zig.

Posted: May 25 07, 12:33 am
by Transmogrified Tiger
That sucked. Detroit could and should've gotten whistled at both ends of the last 2 possessions, and even with that the Cavs had a wide open look for the win, just like Game 1. Crimeny Hughes, you're getting paid millions of dollars, it's under 10 feet, UNGUARDED.

Posted: May 25 07, 7:44 am
by StL Dan
All I can say is WOW......

Could the NBA be any more embarrassed by such a horrible product as the Eastern Conference Finals?

SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE FEST.

Can the game of basketball be any more boring?

I think not. Not even the WNBA is that uninteresting.

Posted: May 25 07, 8:16 am
by Socnorb11
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:That sucked. Detroit could and should've gotten whistled at both ends of the last 2 possessions, and even with that the Cavs had a wide open look for the win, just like Game 1. Crimeny Hughes, you're getting paid millions of dollars, it's under 10 feet, UNGUARDED.
I don't think you can whistle Hamilton on that last call. Lebron was out of control, and initiating the contact. He simply didn't do a good job of creating shot for himself.

Posted: May 25 07, 8:50 am
by StL Dan
Socnorb11 wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:That sucked. Detroit could and should've gotten whistled at both ends of the last 2 possessions, and even with that the Cavs had a wide open look for the win, just like Game 1. Crimeny Hughes, you're getting paid millions of dollars, it's under 10 feet, UNGUARDED.
I don't think you can whistle Hamilton on that last call. Lebron was out of control, and initiating the contact. He simply didn't do a good job of creating shot for himself.
I'm not a big fan of LeBron, but, I know enough about hoops to know he wasn't out of control on that final drive. He simply dribbled left, stopped and pivoted right and took a shot. Rip was not vertical...his arm was at a severe angle. Rip's arm made obvious contact with Lebron's left arm.

Foul.

2 shots.

Easy call.