Page 1 of 1

Cubs - Cards Rivalry

Posted: April 30 07, 8:56 am
by wart57
I walk in to work this morning, and my cube mate - the Cubs fan - says, I am really sorry for your loss, it was very tragic. And then follows up with - It was still a sweep. Now don't get upset, because it was very fitting for how we go after eachother about the Cards- Cubs. He gave me his condloences, and then started the ribbing, I am sure I would have said the same thing.
Life must go on, it isn't easy, but it must.

Posted: April 30 07, 9:21 am
by heyzeus
If it was a Yankees/Redsox workplace with a similar such tragedy capping the series, the Red Sox fan would've started the conversation with a statement that the deceased player probably had AIDS.

That's the dif. to me between Cards/Cubs and Yankes/Sox rivalries.

Posted: April 30 07, 2:24 pm
by TGantz
My Cubs fan friend texted me right away saying sorry about Hancock.

When I saw him the next day, he made me pay him his dollar that we bet on the series.

It's all in good fun. :wink:

Posted: April 30 07, 3:16 pm
by Capt_Morgan
i heard the same thing all day