Page 1 of 2

Ben Stiller or Will Ferrell?

Posted: April 21 07, 7:02 pm
by vinsanity
So I just caught the end of Starsky and Hutch and now Dodgeball is starting.
Then I realized, Stiller's funniest movies are him way over the top.

Dodgeball and Heavyweights are hilarious. Starsky and Hutch - not much.

But I think that Ben Stiller does the 'over-the-top' better than Will Ferrell. Like, when Will Ferrell does it, it seems cartoonish - almost too SNL. But I feel like Stiller is a more real 'over-the-top' and is actually better at doing the type of character that Will Ferrell has made a career of.

Opinions?

Posted: April 21 07, 7:11 pm
by stlmark
I actually really like both guys, but I like Will a little better. In almost every movie Will Ferrell in, he does a great job.

Posted: April 21 07, 7:28 pm
by ndistops
Ferrell. Both are hilarious.

Posted: April 21 07, 7:30 pm
by Jocephus
yea...i enjoy both, but i do like ferrell a bit more

Posted: April 21 07, 8:33 pm
by StL Dan
Ferrell. No contest, IMO.

Posted: April 21 07, 8:44 pm
by GeddyWrox
Image

Image

Posted: April 21 07, 9:11 pm
by stlmark
pujolswrox wrote:Image

Image
Buddy the Elf! What's your favorite color? :lol:

Posted: April 22 07, 12:13 am
by vinsanity
I loved Ferrell in SNL, don't get me wrong. And I thought he was perfect for Elf. But I just thought things like Anchorman, Talladega Nights were too over the top.

I like Stiller's over the top better.

Posted: April 22 07, 12:18 am
by vh2k6
pop_haines wrote:I like 'em both, but Ferrell kills.

Cowbell, Celebrity Jeopardy, Angry Boss....fantastic work.

Image
i'll take the rapists...

Posted: April 22 07, 12:47 am
by stlmark
vh2k6 wrote:
pop_haines wrote:I like 'em both, but Ferrell kills.

Cowbell, Celebrity Jeopardy, Angry Boss....fantastic work.

Image
i'll take the rapists...
Absolutely one of the funniest things ever said on SNL! =D>