Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43284
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by heyzeus »

My 4yo really likes Explosions in the Sky. We talk about what instruments we're hearing, and what the sounds remind us of. I'm doing my best to bring up the indie elitists of the 2020s.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

I lost the battle.

User avatar
BW23
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12896
Joined: July 7 06, 11:08 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by BW23 »

Jocephus wrote:i heard about vanity...was there something "fishy" with it, illness, etc?
Kidneys were bad, IIRC. Too much crack in the 80's. She was pretty open about it in the past.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Michael »

Depression Cherry by Beach House has become my go to album while working. It sounds good, but isn't distracting.

User avatar
Myles
Everyday Player
Posts: 407
Joined: July 10 14, 1:41 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Myles »

Vidor wrote:
Myles wrote:You have to educate them that there is/was better music than the crap of today.
I've made a deliberate effort. Figure she'll have no problem picking up the latest pop at school. So it's all Beatles and oldie stations in the car.

Turns out she really likes "I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS."
Bungalows Bill is always a favorite

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20007
Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by TimeForGuinness »

heyzeus wrote:My 4yo really likes Explosions in the Sky. We talk about what instruments we're hearing, and what the sounds remind us of. I'm doing my best to bring up the indie elitists of the 2020s.
++

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20007
Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by TimeForGuinness »

Michael wrote:Depression Cherry by Beach House has become my go to album while working. It sounds good, but isn't distracting.
"Thank Your Lucky Stars" is amazing as well...their 2nd album from 2015.

Also, if you have the chance to catch them live, I highly recommend it. They're wonderful in person.

MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »

I'd love to hear Kanye's new album.

User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12891
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by IMADreamer »

Anyone get to go see Springsteen last night? I wanted to go but it just wasn't in the cards.

User avatar
tothebeach08
All-Star
Posts: 1564
Joined: January 10 08, 2:52 pm
Location: In My Happy Place

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by tothebeach08 »

IMADreamer wrote:Anyone get to go see Springsteen last night? I wanted to go but it just wasn't in the cards.
I was there. My 5th Springsteen show and probably the second best. 3 1/2 hours of non-stop music, no opening band of course, no breaks of course, just music. Little bit of talk now and then.

He puts on an amazing show as anyone who has been already knows. He definitely still has it. Clemons nephew did a great job, they all did.

Wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Post Reply