Page 10 of 48

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Posted: September 24 12, 9:44 am
by stlouie_lipp
Socnorb11 wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Anyone gonna stop watching the NFL because of it? The point of pain for the NFL is waaaaaayy further out than it is for the officials.

There are always steps leading to the critical turning point when folks turn off the tv. I can't possibly know for sure but seems like your analysts laughing at the games might be one of those.

I'd be more likely to turn the games off because of some of the analysts than I would the officiating, to this point.

There are some bad calls, granted. But there were awful calls with the regular officials, too. I think it's just all under a microscope right now.
Yes, the regular officials make bad calls too. Anytime human judgment is involved there will be mistakes. But I don't think anyone can deny there is a big difference in the way the games are being called and managed by these replacements.

I did almost turn off the game last night it got so bad. Another few weeks of this and I just might not tune in. So, yeah, I'm getting close to the tipping point and I am a huge fan of the NFL.

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Posted: September 24 12, 10:29 am
by TimeForGuinness
stlouie_lipp wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Anyone gonna stop watching the NFL because of it? The point of pain for the NFL is waaaaaayy further out than it is for the officials.

There are always steps leading to the critical turning point when folks turn off the tv. I can't possibly know for sure but seems like your analysts laughing at the games might be one of those.

I'd be more likely to turn the games off because of some of the analysts than I would the officiating, to this point.

There are some bad calls, granted. But there were awful calls with the regular officials, too. I think it's just all under a microscope right now.
Yes, the regular officials make bad calls too. Anytime human judgment is involved there will be mistakes. But I don't think anyone can deny there is a big difference in the way the games are being called and managed by these replacements.

I did almost turn off the game last night it got so bad. Another few weeks of this and I just might not tune in. So, yeah, I'm getting close to the tipping point and I am a huge fan of the NFL.
I love these replacement refs...they let the players play football, and it's more violent. The mind-melting frustration on the sidelines is hilarious to watch.

I can't wait for the playoffs with these refs, which are already amped and wide open, it should make for good entertainment.

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Posted: September 24 12, 10:33 am
by lukethedrifter

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Posted: September 24 12, 9:19 pm
by cardsfansince82
More awful officiating tonight including an obvious ejection missed. I'm telling you Goodell is going to back down this week. Even if it hasn't cost the NFL any money or fans it's become a complete joke.

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Posted: September 24 12, 9:43 pm
by cardsfansince82
Oh wow. Now it's just a complete cluster [expletive]. Worst call ever.

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Posted: September 24 12, 9:45 pm
by AdmiralKird
Lockout probably ends this week. No way the Seahawks should have had that touchdown.

Also the mandatory point after needs to be taken out if that team has the lead. The league's taken so much effort to keep players from needlessly getting injured. Pointless.

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Posted: September 24 12, 9:46 pm
by st.lewis11
LOL, that call to end the game was horrible!

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Posted: September 24 12, 9:49 pm
by AdmiralKird
I'm staying tuned for the epic GB press conference.

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Posted: September 24 12, 9:50 pm
by Diddy
I'll still watch rams games, but they have now officially lost me for any others till the real refs come back, and maybe not even then.

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Posted: September 24 12, 9:53 pm
by st.lewis11
If Packers had blocked this extra point , could they have run it back for a score?