Page 9 of 12
Re: English cyclist looking for Cards fans for Sunday's game
Posted: June 23 13, 5:12 pm
by Joe Shlabotnik
Cycling ball fan wrote:lukethedrifter wrote:Well done. I recommend stopping in the Broadway Oyster bar for a beer before gametime.
I'm running a littl behind so will probably go straight to the park, but that sky is looking ominous. I'm going to cry if this gets rained out.
It might be late but they'll try to get this game in as its the last time Texas will be in St. Louis.
Re: English cyclist looking for Cards fans for Sunday's game
Posted: June 23 13, 5:16 pm
by Cycling ball fan
Fingers crossed - I'm off to the game. Have a good evening, all.
Re: English cyclist looking for Cards fans for Sunday's game
Posted: June 23 13, 5:42 pm
by jim
That is absolutely awesome. Hopefully the weather cooperates for the game tonight. Keep in touch from time to time about your trip, I have been absolutely fascinated by this.
Go Cards!
Re: English cyclist looking for Cards fans for Sunday's game
Posted: June 23 13, 5:50 pm
by jim
Cycling ball fan wrote:lukethedrifter wrote:Well done. I recommend stopping in the Broadway Oyster bar for a beer before gametime.
I'm running a littl behind so will probably go straight to the park, but that sky is looking ominous. I'm going to cry if this gets rained out.
They will probably play the game. For one, this is the last time that Texas will be in ST. Louis this year, and when teams are done in a city they do everything to get the game in. Might not start on time, but they will play it.
Re: English cyclist looking for Cards fans for Sunday's game
Posted: June 23 13, 6:52 pm
by docellis
Definitely concur about Broadway Oyster Bar.
Can't imagine biking thru east st. louis. I'd be terrified.
Re: English cyclist looking for Cards fans for Sunday's game
Posted: June 23 13, 7:03 pm
by lukethedrifter
or ... I have a friend who manages the bar at Patty O's. We really could have gotten cbf snookered(?). pi$$ed(?) maybe.
Re: English cyclist looking for Cards fans for Sunday's game
Posted: June 23 13, 7:30 pm
by go birds
What an incredible thread.
Re: English cyclist looking for Cards fans for Sunday's game
Posted: June 23 13, 7:56 pm
by Radbird
I'll be really pissed if no GRBer stops by to say hi and buy this guy a well-deserved beer!
Cycling ball fan wrote:
- [SHOW]

Section 453 Row 6 Seat 8 - I'll be the guy who needs a shave if anyone does make it to the park

No excuses, STL GRBers! You've got his pic, his seat. C'mon people. You've even got extra time to get your lazy arses down there with the rain delay.
If he were at Coors Field, I would totally be there. And I wouldn't buy him a Coors Light - real beer only (that means no Bud Light Lime, people!)
Regardless of how this turns out tonight (whether we win or lose, whether you get stiffed or not), I've enjoyed reading your chronicle and I hope you decide to stick around GRB.
Best of luck on your journey.
Re: English cyclist looking for Cards fans for Sunday's game
Posted: June 23 13, 9:27 pm
by JackofDiamonds
Why don't one of you twitter folks send a message to the ESPN MLB team and tell them about Section 453 Row 6 Seat 8? Such a cool story, he should be interviewed.
Re: English cyclist looking for Cards fans for Sunday's game
Posted: June 24 13, 12:55 am
by Cycling ball fan
Just got in and to be honest I'm absolutely shattered.
Back in Florida I lost a day to Storm Andrea so had to do 720 miles in 6 days to get to the Braves - that game had a 3hr 50 minute delay which cost me time the next day to get here - so it was 600 miles in 6 days for another three hour rain delay tonight. I believe it was that scholar of English John McClain who once said 'How can the same [expletive] happen to the same guy twice?'
As for the game - I sat in my seat for six innings, gradually moved down blocks and then for the last 2 innings I decided that if I wasn't going to catch a ball, I wasn't going to catch a homer so sat in left field under the Big Mac thing.
Shame about the result but I've been to fourteen parks now and aesthetically I'm struggling to think of a more beautiful one - that's some view you've got from behind home plate.
You've also got some cheek on you handing out retro tickets from game seven of the 2011 series when the Rangers are visiting - at home we'd call that writing your opponents team talk for them.
I'm off to bed but I'll be back in the morning, I'm sure.