TimeForGuinness wrote:The NFL will settle with the refs when it starts to affect their bottom line...so far, it hasn't.
Exactly.
Then they won't ever settle. The truth is fans, players and officials can moan all they want... the owners only have to wait until the refs take their offer.
Oh yeah. No doubt, the owners always win. And they will win this one too.
I understand the regular officials miss calls, but not like this IMO.
cardsfansince82 wrote:I'm guessing the NFL caves to the refs demands really soon.
They have to, right? Did you hear Collinsworth and Michaels? I mean here it is, the Sunday Night showcase game of the week in the NFL and the announcers are laughing at what's going on.
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Anyone gonna stop watching the NFL because of it? The point of pain for the NFL is waaaaaayy further out than it is for the officials.
There are always steps leading to the critical turning point when folks turn off the tv. I can't possibly know for sure but seems like your analysts laughing at the games might be one of those.
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Anyone gonna stop watching the NFL because of it? The point of pain for the NFL is waaaaaayy further out than it is for the officials.
There are always steps leading to the critical turning point when folks turn off the tv. I can't possibly know for sure but seems like your analysts laughing at the games might be one of those.
Also when the NFL Network 2 is front-paging stories ragging on the refs.
Brandon Spikes' wallet is probably going to be a bit lighter this time next week.
Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes took to Twitter to express his anger with the replacement refs.
"Can someone please tell these f------ zebras foot locker called and they're needed Back at work !!!! #BreakingPoint," Spikes tweeted.
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Anyone gonna stop watching the NFL because of it? The point of pain for the NFL is waaaaaayy further out than it is for the officials.
There are always steps leading to the critical turning point when folks turn off the tv. I can't possibly know for sure but seems like your analysts laughing at the games might be one of those.
I'd be more likely to turn the games off because of some of the analysts than I would the officiating, to this point.
There are some bad calls, granted. But there were awful calls with the regular officials, too. I think it's just all under a microscope right now.