Page 7 of 48
Re: NFL 2012 season thread
Posted: September 17 12, 12:48 pm
by lukethedrifter
JackofDiamonds wrote:lukethedrifter wrote:JackofDiamonds wrote:ghostrunner wrote:It's kind of amazing. I haven't listened to sports radio for a few years, and I no longer get cable so it's almost like all the ridiculous football hype doesn't exist. If anything it makes me more interested in watching some games.
I also dropped cable and am only on Hulu/Netflix/HBOGo, I don't miss ESPN.
How do you get HBOgo w/o getting HBO?
I pay my friend $50 a year ($4ish/month) for access. He was already a subscriber and only using HBOGo on 2 devices so he was amenable to the suggestion.
That seems like a great workaround.
Re: NFL 2012 season thread
Posted: September 17 12, 1:16 pm
by JackofDiamonds
It's better than waiting for a year after a show to buy the DVD.
Re: NFL 2012 season thread
Posted: September 17 12, 2:35 pm
by JackofDiamonds
Re: NFL 2012 season thread
Posted: September 17 12, 3:33 pm
by lukethedrifter
that was one of the dumbest plays in NFL history. I think trying the field goal instead of going for it on 4th down is up there as well.
also, that 65 yard Hekker punt was HUUUUGE.
also,

Re: NFL 2012 season thread
Posted: September 17 12, 7:38 pm
by MrSaigon
Aside from Archie and Eli's draft-divathon the Mannings (Eli and Peyton, anyway) seem pretty likable. So why do I hate them so?
Re: NFL 2012 season thread
Posted: September 17 12, 7:45 pm
by MrSaigon
lukethedrifter wrote:that was one of the dumbest plays in NFL history. I think trying the field goal instead of going for it on 4th down is up there as well.
also, that 65 yard Hekker punt was HUUUUGE.
also,

Well, they're both Beavers.
Re: NFL 2012 season thread
Posted: September 17 12, 8:55 pm
by docellis
this is the game where i developed a "thing" of some sort, for Finnegan:
that bastard drives men insane.
Re: NFL 2012 season thread
Posted: September 17 12, 9:02 pm
by lukethedrifter
docellis wrote:this is the game where i developed a "thing" of some sort, for Finnegan:
that bastard drives men insane.
you seem to have a thing for redheads that drive men insane
Re: NFL 2012 season thread
Posted: September 17 12, 9:10 pm
by docellis
you are correct.
Re: NFL 2012 season thread
Posted: September 17 12, 11:45 pm
by Richie Allen
MrSaigon wrote:Aside from Archie and Eli's draft-divathon the Mannings (Eli and Peyton, anyway) seem pretty likable. So why do I hate them so?
For me, the greatest QBs, whether I liked them or not, were a pleasure to watch. A thing of beauty. I never felt that way watching Peyton.