NCAA Football Week 5 Sept 29-October 1

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 15769
Joined: June 14 06, 10:17 pm
Location: Small southern IL town, 40 min from STL

Re: NCAA Football Week 5 Sept 29-October 1

Post by st.lewis11 »

Maclowery wrote:People not picking a game because they are unsure should look in the mirror and question their inner swagger. Or whatever term you want to throw in. If you're not sure, guess. Aint no money in here.
+++++++++++
Exactly how I've felt since slide_into_first had started this thing.

User avatar
slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden
Posts: 14433
Joined: June 10 09, 11:31 pm
Location: In Chula Vista hanging with the Surenos

Re: NCAA Football Week 5 Sept 29-October 1

Post by slide_into_first »

I always try to make the game fun and try to include as many people as possible. To me, it makes no difference if someone started the season late, was sent out of town on business, had a family emergency, or whatever other reason would lead them to miss picking some games. It is within the rules that if you are on pace to reach the required minimum games, you don't have to pick all of them later in the regular season. In my opinion, because everyone picks 25 bowl games, some of them the Middle Tennessee vs Florida Atlantic variety, there will be statistical "fairness" to offset an unbalanced regular season.

I also think if someone decides to pass up a game, their chance of making a mistake is the same as if they picked it-- maybe the team they thought would win but were afraid to say, really does win.

I also don't have a problem with people posting their opinion about this- if someone wants to agree to pick every remaining game or not, it is up to them. Again, I'm not a professional (or amateur) statistician but I think 100-125 regular season games and 25 bowls will determine the true champion pigskin prognosticator. Thanks for participating.

User avatar
Maclowery
Child Pot Activist
Posts: 7742
Joined: June 15 06, 7:27 am
Location: NYC

Re: NCAA Football Week 5 Sept 29-October 1

Post by Maclowery »

I have no clue what my drunk ass was griping about last night. I don't remember ever noticing someone omitting picks and being upset about it now that I'm sober. I think I was just mad that I had so many crappy picks. I shouldn't be allowed to post on here, facebook, or anywhere, between 1 and 4 am.

I probably looked at the numbers and saw mine and AWS's lower numbers and was too loaded to remember that we picked too late to get credit for the Thursday or first few Saturday games. So, basically, I was probably complaining about myself. Which happens a lot.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: NCAA Football Week 5 Sept 29-October 1

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Haha. Yeah I felt bad about being late. Obviously I wasn't picking around games though looking at the results.

Post Reply