Bicyclist rant # 5

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Post Reply
User avatar
cards2468
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 14745
Joined: October 28 06, 11:10 pm
Location: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

Re: Bicyclist rant # 5

Post by cards2468 »

jim wrote:
Fat_Bulldog wrote:
cards2468 wrote:Hungary, I like you, and I don't want this to ruin little Hungary's up-bringing. I'm willing to travel to Chicago and tap that for you.
I don't always travel to Chicago to [expletive] hot nanny's but when I do, I choose Hungary's hot nanny.
lol...

So you are saying you like those dos equis?
I don't always drink [expletive] mexican beer, but when I do, and it's not Tecate, I drink do equis.

User avatar
wart57
just can't quit you.
Posts: 25075
Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Location: Lost

Re: Bicyclist rant # 5

Post by wart57 »

Image

User avatar
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
Posts: 23718
Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Bicyclist rant # 5

Post by G. Keenan »

Jeff has a point.

User avatar
Hungary Jack
Mother Earth
Posts: 19536
Joined: July 24 06, 6:03 am
Location: In Cognito

Re: Bicyclist rant # 5

Post by Hungary Jack »

wart57 wrote:Image
Sometimes, after a quick 100-mile ride, I'll lift my authentic HTC-Columbia jersey and flash my abs at the motorists slurping slurpees behind their SUVs.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Bicyclist rant # 5

Post by lukethedrifter »

Sometimes I let my temper get the best of me. Last summer this a*hole came up behind me on S Broadway and just laid on the horn completely unprovoked- aside from the fact that I was interfering with his God given right to the whole damn road. Well, I lost it and chased his ass down at the next light and was getting ready to pull him out of his vehicle- very, very bad idea, I know- when the chicken [expletive] coward took off, afraid of the guy on the bicycle in his funny tight clothes.

I'm not going to do that anymore what with the proliferation of guns in this country and also that I don't want to go to jail for assault.

User avatar
cards2468
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 14745
Joined: October 28 06, 11:10 pm
Location: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

Re: Bicyclist rant # 5

Post by cards2468 »

lukethedrifter wrote:Sometimes I let my temper get the best of me. Last summer this a*hole came up behind me on S Broadway and just laid on the horn completely unprovoked- aside from the fact that I was interfering with his God given right to the whole damn road. Well, I lost it and chased his ass down at the next light and was getting ready to pull him out of his vehicle- very, very bad idea, I know- when the chicken [expletive] coward took off, afraid of the guy on the bicycle in his funny tight clothes.

I'm not going to do that anymore what with the proliferation of guns in this country and also that I don't want to go to jail for assault.
I had a dick on Broadway intentionally swirve into the bike lane and miss me by inches. I followed him to the next light, pulled up along side the driver's side window and went off on him. He said his reasoning was, "I don't understand why you people think you own the road. Do you really think you can [expletive] with a truck when you're on your bike???" Which I followed up with a long series of insults while pointing out that I was in a bike lane and he still has to share the road. But yea, after that I realized a jacked up pick up truck likely would have a gun inside, so maybe next time I should just let them be dicks and ignore them. I have a friend that keeps rocks in the back of his jersey when he bikes so that he can pelt cars that try to [expletive] with him like that. Not sure if I'm that brave.

User avatar
wart57
just can't quit you.
Posts: 25075
Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Location: Lost

Re: Bicyclist rant # 5

Post by wart57 »

The bike riders need to share the road as well. When in a peloton, please don't go three, four, or even five wide, blocking part of my lane. This isn't the Tour de [expletive] France.
Tht being said, I would never even dream of intentionally getting close to a bike rider, what happens if he freaks out and goes down and you run over him. What a waste of a perfectly good bike and hlemet.

User avatar
Hungary Jack
Mother Earth
Posts: 19536
Joined: July 24 06, 6:03 am
Location: In Cognito

Re: Bicyclist rant # 5

Post by Hungary Jack »

wart57 wrote:The bike riders need to share the road as well. When in a peloton, please don't go three, four, or even five wide, blocking part of my lane. This isn't the Tour de [expletive] France.
Tht being said, I would never even dream of intentionally getting close to a bike rider, what happens if he freaks out and goes down and you run over him. What a waste of a perfectly good bike and hlemet.
+

Cyclists in groups should ride single file on roads. A lot of "advanced" ones don't, and are the source of a lot of the tension described here.


On a funny note, I did an organized century ride, The North Shore Century, a few years back on a Sunday. As the group headed out en masse, a 70-year old man was stuck at a stop sign as we whizzed past. He had his head cranked out the window and was screaming obscenities at every cyclist who rode by. I actually stopped to listen for a few minutes. Freakin' hilarious.

User avatar
Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese
Posts: 12861
Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
Location: Drunk

Re: Bicyclist rant # 5

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

lukethedrifter wrote:Sometimes I let my temper get the best of me. Last summer this a*hole came up behind me on S Broadway and just laid on the horn completely unprovoked- aside from the fact that I was interfering with his God given right to the whole damn road. Well, I lost it and chased his ass down at the next light and was getting ready to pull him out of his vehicle- very, very bad idea, I know- when the chicken [expletive] coward took off, afraid of the guy on the bicycle in his funny tight clothes.

I'm not going to do that anymore what with the proliferation of guns in this country and also that I don't want to go to jail for assault.
I would have kicked your [expletive] cycling ass into next year.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Bicyclist rant # 5

Post by lukethedrifter »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Sometimes I let my temper get the best of me. Last summer this a*hole came up behind me on S Broadway and just laid on the horn completely unprovoked- aside from the fact that I was interfering with his God given right to the whole damn road. Well, I lost it and chased his ass down at the next light and was getting ready to pull him out of his vehicle- very, very bad idea, I know- when the chicken [expletive] coward took off, afraid of the guy on the bicycle in his funny tight clothes.

I'm not going to do that anymore what with the proliferation of guns in this country and also that I don't want to go to jail for assault.
I would have kicked your [expletive] cycling ass into next year.
Yeah, I don't think so. I would have ripped your fat [expletive] ears off and fed them to you. You'd have eaten them.

Post Reply