NFL 2025

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
Mary1966
President of the Ponson Fan Club
Posts: 11289
Joined: April 18 06, 10:56 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: NFL 2025

Post by Mary1966 »

Sunday, October 26
Packers 35, Steelers 25
Jets 39, Bengals 38
Bills 40, Panthers 9
Texans 26, 49ers 15
Eagles 38, Giants 20
Patriots 32, Browns 13
Ravens 30, Bears 16
Dolphins 34, Falcons 10
Buccaneers 23, Saints 3
Broncos 44, Cowboys 24
Colts 38, Titans 14

User avatar
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11714
Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Location: Southwestern Illinois

Re: NFL 2025

Post by mikechamp »

I don't see how they would help, but I'm not a brain surgeon:
NFL touts Guardian Caps despite new study showing benefits are 'uncertain'

The NFL has been a powerful champion of Guardian Caps, the padded football helmet covers the league touts as an effective way to reduce concussions. And NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has made some of the boldest claims.

“It’s actually reduced concussions by 50%," Goodell said in 2023 during an appearance on the Stephen A. Smith Show. At the annual league meetings in 2024, according to ESPN, Goodell said the Guardian Caps have been “very effective and reduced concussions by 52%.’’

But a study involving the NFL's top medical official suggests otherwise.

https://sports.yahoo.com/article/nfl-to ... 13844.html

User avatar
Mary1966
President of the Ponson Fan Club
Posts: 11289
Joined: April 18 06, 10:56 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: NFL 2025

Post by Mary1966 »

Thursday, October 30
Ravens 28, Dolphins 6

User avatar
Mary1966
President of the Ponson Fan Club
Posts: 11289
Joined: April 18 06, 10:56 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: NFL 2025

Post by Mary1966 »

mikechamp wrote: ↑
October 30 25, 3:03 pm
I don't see how they would help, but I'm not a brain surgeon:
NFL touts Guardian Caps despite new study showing benefits are 'uncertain'

The NFL has been a powerful champion of Guardian Caps, the padded football helmet covers the league touts as an effective way to reduce concussions. And NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has made some of the boldest claims.

“It’s actually reduced concussions by 50%," Goodell said in 2023 during an appearance on the Stephen A. Smith Show. At the annual league meetings in 2024, according to ESPN, Goodell said the Guardian Caps have been “very effective and reduced concussions by 52%.’’

But a study involving the NFL's top medical official suggests otherwise.

https://sports.yahoo.com/article/nfl-to ... 13844.html
Green Bay Packers WR Romeo Doubs wears a Guardian Cap. He chose to do so after suffering a concussion last year. I posted about it here: https://gatewayredbirds.org/forum/view ... hp?t=70703

User avatar
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11714
Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Location: Southwestern Illinois

Re: NFL 2025

Post by mikechamp »

I forgot about that thread, Mary. I should have put that article in there.

User avatar
Mary1966
President of the Ponson Fan Club
Posts: 11289
Joined: April 18 06, 10:56 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: NFL 2025

Post by Mary1966 »

The Packers-Panthers game starts at 10:00AM PT (12:00PM CT), the same time as church for me. So I will have to wait until I get home to post about the game.

User avatar
Mary1966
President of the Ponson Fan Club
Posts: 11289
Joined: April 18 06, 10:56 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: NFL 2025

Post by Mary1966 »

I’m back from church and at the beginning of the third quarter it’s Panthers 7, Packers 6. If the Packers want to make the playoffs they’re going to have to do better against a .500 team.

User avatar
Mary1966
President of the Ponson Fan Club
Posts: 11289
Joined: April 18 06, 10:56 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: NFL 2025

Post by Mary1966 »

Packers missed FG. I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt them.

User avatar
Mary1966
President of the Ponson Fan Club
Posts: 11289
Joined: April 18 06, 10:56 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: NFL 2025

Post by Mary1966 »

Panthers punt to Packers 11. Fair catch.

User avatar
Mary1966
President of the Ponson Fan Club
Posts: 11289
Joined: April 18 06, 10:56 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: NFL 2025

Post by Mary1966 »

Love INT at Panthers 26, returned to Packers 38.

Post Reply