I think the Cardinals gave up better talent, but that's because I think closers are severely overrated. No idea if the Rockies would have been interested in that package.Slider wrote:Anyone?Slider wrote:So...who gave up more to get Holliday: A's or Cardinals?
Would our package to the A's netted Holliday from the Rockies?
UPDATE: Cards Acquire Holliday, page 26
- InvincibleCakeEater
- GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
- Posts: 28275
- Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
- Location: Raptured
Re: UPDATE: Cards Acquire Holliday, page 26
- Swingingbunt
- All-Star
- Posts: 2904
- Joined: April 4 08, 9:49 am
- Location: Indianapolis
Re: UPDATE: Cards Acquire Holliday, page 26
I think if we resign Ankiel it will be in a 4th outfielder role, and someone will offer him enough to start. So if he stays it will be for less money. Just my thought, though.PujolJunkie wrote:You really think we won't resign Ankiel?Swingingbunt wrote:I agree...I said this somewhere in the early 20s I believe...Glaus, Ankiel, and Joel coming off the books give us more than enough to sign him and put a bench together.JCShutout wrote:I'm sure we'll find a way to sign Holliday with Glaus' $12 million coming off the books.
-
JS04
- All-Star
- Posts: 1258
- Joined: March 3 09, 4:20 pm
Re: UPDATE: Cards Acquire Holliday, page 26
Can someone do a payroll write up for next year with a Holliday extension at 16/16.25 mil per and a DeRosa extension of 8/9 mil a year?
Possibly a 4 yr, 65 mil deal for Holliday and a 3 yr, 24 for DeRosa?
What does that put the payroll at?
Assuming this is your starting lineup:
Schu
Ras
Pujols
Holliday
Ludwick
DeRosa
Molina
Pitcher
Ryan
What do those two deals do for the payroll next year with all the subtractions we're making? What does Ludwick make next year (I don't see any posts considering payroll regarding the raise he may get)? Just curious as to what our payroll does if we re-sign those two guys at those prices...
Hell, let's also say we re-sign Piniero at 8 mil a year for 3 years (is that reasonable?) and fill the 5th spot within the organization?
Can someone do all this? Cause I wouldn't know where to start
Possibly a 4 yr, 65 mil deal for Holliday and a 3 yr, 24 for DeRosa?
What does that put the payroll at?
Assuming this is your starting lineup:
Schu
Ras
Pujols
Holliday
Ludwick
DeRosa
Molina
Pitcher
Ryan
What do those two deals do for the payroll next year with all the subtractions we're making? What does Ludwick make next year (I don't see any posts considering payroll regarding the raise he may get)? Just curious as to what our payroll does if we re-sign those two guys at those prices...
Hell, let's also say we re-sign Piniero at 8 mil a year for 3 years (is that reasonable?) and fill the 5th spot within the organization?
Can someone do all this? Cause I wouldn't know where to start
- C. Johny
- Veteran Player
- Posts: 1197
- Joined: July 15 09, 12:00 am
- Location: Storrs, Connecticut
Re: UPDATE: Cards Acquire Holliday, page 26
JS04 wrote:Can someone do a payroll write up for next year with a Holliday extension at 16/16.25 mil per and a DeRosa extension of 8/9 mil a year?
Possibly a 4 yr, 65 mil deal for Holliday and a 3 yr, 24 for DeRosa?
What does that put the payroll at?
Assuming this is your starting lineup:
Schu
Ras
Pujols
Holliday
Ludwick
DeRosa
Molina
Pitcher
Ryan
What do those two deals do for the payroll next year with all the subtractions we're making? What does Ludwick make next year (I don't see any posts considering payroll regarding the raise he may get)? Just curious as to what our payroll does if we re-sign those two guys at those prices...
Hell, let's also say we re-sign Piniero at 8 mil a year for 3 years (is that reasonable?) and fill the 5th spot within the organization?
Can someone do all this? Cause I wouldn't know where to start
Anything else?
- haltz
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 22630
- Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
- Location: a proud midwestern metropolis
Re: UPDATE: Cards Acquire Holliday, page 26
http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2004/1 ... 41890.htmlJS04 wrote:Can someone do a payroll write up for next year with a Holliday extension at 16/16.25 mil per and a DeRosa extension of 8/9 mil a year?
Possibly a 4 yr, 65 mil deal for Holliday and a 3 yr, 24 for DeRosa?
What does that put the payroll at?
Assuming this is your starting lineup:
Schu
Ras
Pujols
Holliday
Ludwick
DeRosa
Molina
Pitcher
Ryan
What do those two deals do for the payroll next year with all the subtractions we're making? What does Ludwick make next year (I don't see any posts considering payroll regarding the raise he may get)? Just curious as to what our payroll does if we re-sign those two guys at those prices...
Hell, let's also say we re-sign Piniero at 8 mil a year for 3 years (is that reasonable?) and fill the 5th spot within the organization?
Can someone do all this? Cause I wouldn't know where to start
- dexter
- Veteran Player
- Posts: 622
- Joined: July 24 09, 11:39 am
Re: UPDATE: Cards Acquire Holliday, page 26
has derosa indicated that he is interested in re-signing? nsbb is confident he'll return to wrigleyville.
Last edited by dexter on July 24 09, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- cardsfansince82
- is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
- Posts: 27776
- Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
- Location: at the gettin' place
Re: UPDATE: Cards Acquire Holliday, page 26
Did we trade for somebody today or something? I've been doing yard work all day and I'm wondering why people are actually here.
I don't really buy that they had a big picture plan at all, but big thumbs up to the FO for taking advantage of this opportunity that presented itself.
I don't really buy that they had a big picture plan at all, but big thumbs up to the FO for taking advantage of this opportunity that presented itself.
-
JDE
- Veteran Player
- Posts: 536
- Joined: April 21 06, 11:01 am
Re: UPDATE: Cards Acquire Holliday, page 26
Will he be in the lineup tonight?
-
jim
- Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
- Posts: 50393
- Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm
Re: UPDATE: Cards Acquire Holliday, page 26
You forgot one step before constructing your lineup:JS04 wrote:Can someone do a payroll write up for next year with a Holliday extension at 16/16.25 mil per and a DeRosa extension of 8/9 mil a year?
Possibly a 4 yr, 65 mil deal for Holliday and a 3 yr, 24 for DeRosa?
What does that put the payroll at?
Assuming this is your starting lineup:
Schu
Ras
Pujols
Holliday
Ludwick
DeRosa
Molina
Pitcher
Ryan
- InvincibleCakeEater
- GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
- Posts: 28275
- Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
- Location: Raptured
Re: UPDATE: Cards Acquire Holliday, page 26
My gut is telling me yes. But my gut is also very hungry.JDE wrote:Will he be in the lineup tonight?






