Rant/Rave: Bourbon
- stlouie_lipp
- Hallelujah Brother
- Posts: 13380
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon
they mention bulleit rye and buffalo traceFive Liquors For Your Friend Who's A Lush But Not A Concerning Lush (Yet)
http://deadspin.com/five-liquors-for-yo ... 1742159421
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon
That's a pretty good list. I've had all of that except the tequila.Jocephus wrote:they mention bulleit rye and buffalo traceFive Liquors For Your Friend Who's A Lush But Not A Concerning Lush (Yet)
http://deadspin.com/five-liquors-for-yo ... 1742159421
- Maclowery
- Child Pot Activist
- Posts: 7742
- Joined: June 15 06, 7:27 am
- Location: NYC
Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon
Manhattan bartender says "it's a 350% markup not 500, dick." Bad writer, good enough list for his intentions.
Got to help set up a newly opening steakhouse bar tonight, I can't say I agree with their whisky selection, but they promise me more is coming. But seriously 2 cases of Dickel 8? That'll sell out by 2030. And only 4 bottles of Makers. Jesus guys.
Got to help set up a newly opening steakhouse bar tonight, I can't say I agree with their whisky selection, but they promise me more is coming. But seriously 2 cases of Dickel 8? That'll sell out by 2030. And only 4 bottles of Makers. Jesus guys.
- haltz
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 22630
- Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
- Location: a proud midwestern metropolis
Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon
hahahahaMaclowery wrote:2 cases of Dickel 8? That'll sell out by 2030. And only 4 bottles of Makers. Jesus guys.
Did you ask if it was being used in a house cocktail or something?
-
jim
- Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
- Posts: 50393
- Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm
Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon
I realize this is a thread dedicated more to the finer points of bourbon, but let me interject here with what I think is the value bourbon champ - Evan Williams. It's $11 a bottle, and you can't beat it for the price. I rarely have two bottles in the house, I generally finish one and then buy another, but it just so happens I had a couple of sips left of EW when I bought some Knob Creek ($26). I just completed a taste test, and while I can taste the difference I can't put my finger on which taste I like best. I can tell which bourbon I like best - the $11 one. Because it's $15 cheaper.
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon
Looking to celebrate the completion of a project I've been working on for a while. Was thinking about a nice bottle of single malt Scotch between $75-$100, but could do a top shelf bourbon I've never tried, too. What should I get???
-
jim
- Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
- Posts: 50393
- Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm
Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon
I've never spent that kind of money, but I did spend around $50 once for some special occasion and bought this thing that came in a cardboard container per the recommendation of the store I was at (Binny's). Honestly, I would have rather have had an $11 bottle of Evan Williams. Personally, that taught me to stay in my comfort zone with bourbon, and save a few $.
I have had Woodford Reserve and thought that was really good. Otherwise I've just had a bunch of $20-25 stuff of varying degrees. Larceny and Buffalo Trace are as top shelf as I go.
Let us know what you get and how you liked it.
I have had Woodford Reserve and thought that was really good. Otherwise I've just had a bunch of $20-25 stuff of varying degrees. Larceny and Buffalo Trace are as top shelf as I go.
Let us know what you get and how you liked it.
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon
Not bourbon... but oh my... Glenlivet 18 yr. It's PHEfukkinNOMINAL.
- themiddle54
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4524
- Joined: August 24 10, 2:49 pm
Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon
At Binny's in IL there is Sazerac Rye right now. It's $29.99 and limit 1 bottle/guest. At the mothership in Lincoln Park it's in the locked glass-enclosed special stuff room.




